The Mobster's Girl

Summary - "Stella Erickson is not the type of girl that likes to let loose. Living in the 1920's, she doesn't seem to fit in with her fellow dancers that like to smoke and drink illegally. She despises anything that breaks rules or forces her into uncomfortable positions, which makes things odd when she befriends a man named Jack Moretti, who is rumored to be the head honcho of illegal dealings. When Stella learns of these dealings, it only makes her more interested in the man, despite her previous beliefs. As they grow closer, a romantic relationship between the two inevitable, someone else steps in and screws it all up, taking the two of them back to the way they were before: barely friends. Although separated, will Stella and Jack find their way back to each other? And will she accept the dark side of Jack's occupation?"

Rating - 6/10

Thoughts - My first thought was nice, something other than a regency romance. And nice it was. It was a good book, with solid twists and turns in the plot which I appreciated. I liked the media attached and I thought it was a nice book. But I did have a couple of problems with it, which I will try to say without giving much away. The first one isn't really counted - but I hatteeeee good girls, probably becuase I always fought with them in School but I am just not a fan of the classic goody two shoes (hence why reading teen fiction is hard becuase they are always ~good girls nerds~) that being said I rather liked Stella but it got off to a bad start becuase of that, also her fiery temper that sometimes gets out of hands when her friends annoy her. Anyway, moving on - I thought it wasn't that historically accurate and finally... (this is a bit spoilery) 

That being said, it was a good book! It was fun, intriguing and different and I enjoyed reading it. Be sure to check it out!

I wanted her to be a dancer, but she gave that up :((