Chapter 7*

Chapter 7

I don't believe Cam killed Jeremy. He was already there before they came in. It's my fault he's dead. If he didn't desire me he would be alive. The thing is I never got that vibe from him ever. Not that day at the beach not the times he would call and check in.

Paul has convinced me to join in on his over the phone pack meeting. His Beta Nathan and his second Collins are on speaker phone trying to convince me to visit Kansas.

"Its nothing like that movie." Nathan says defending his home.

"What movie?" I ask confused. I don't remember seeing about the state.

"The Wizard of Oz." Collins clarifies.

I don't answer Collins. I don't know what he's talking about.

"Guys she doesn't know that movie." Paul answers for me.

"Good don't show it to her." Nathan says laughing.

"Okay guys keep me informed about everything that's going on with the pack. I want to know everything. Don't hesitate to call or link with me. For now I'm staying in California. Nathan as my Beta you are in charge. But you do not make any decisions without my input. Am I clear?" Paul asks seriously.

The amount of power dipping off him makes me weak with need. With my heat just starting I am sensitive to things like that. I wish I wasn't.

"Yes Alpha Paul." They respond in harmony.

Paul ends the call and looks at me. "We need to take care of your heat before it gets painful." He says getting up walking us out of the office.

I'm not worrying about the pain of my heat. I can take it. I'm not completely ready to compete the mating. "I know. Can we talk about it later, when Cam wakes?"

"Okay but no later."

She is so beautiful no wonder that vampire wanted to claim her. I should have been there.

I stop in my tracks and quickly recover. I can't believe this is what he's thinking about. I don't blame him or Cam for not being there. I'm a big girl, I can handle myself. I don't need protecting. To hear him thinking about that makes my stomach turn. I haven't even ate breakfast yet. I was looking forward to that pizza from last night. The last thing I need is for him to feel guilty or Cam.

I doubt Cam feels guilt. But he is so hard to read.

Speaking of last night where is Oliver?

"Aspen do you want something to eat?" Paul speaks as we enter the kitchen.

I didn't know this is where he lead me. I have no appetite.

"No. I'm not hungry."

"At least have some juice. Do you want to go back to bed?"

Paul is being so sweet and understanding about how I'm feeling. But I don't want juice and going back to bed sounds nice.

He doesn't wait for me to answer. He pours me a cup of orange juice. I take it and drink it entirely. I also take a cold water from the refrigerator before heading up stairs.

Rory have you seen Oliver?

Not since last night Princess. He went to stay at one of the empty houses. He said he needed time to clear his head about the almost kidnapping of his closest friend and the death of the other. He isn't angry with you Aspen. He didn't have any idea about Jeremy either. So please let it go.

I can't let it go.

Thank you Rory. What news do you have from our Alpha?

Only that Nick is being difficult. He knows of the bonds with the other packs. He would be stupid not to join in on the treaty. If I get any new word on that I'll let you know.