Chapter 20*

Chapter 20

From the look in Cam's eyes I can already see Carter's lifeless body. Her heart in his hand or maybe her throat slit. I heard stories from Bass about how Cam kills. It gives me shivers to think my mate can be so violent. He might let her brother live because he didn't touch me. Maybe I can save both of them after this.

"Take these two down to the basement. Lock them in the gym." Cam orders Bass.

Paul stays at my side as other members file in media room. Mostly the higher ranked members, my father, and Rory's are waiting for further instruction. The others from the ceremony are out side waiting for a command.

"This is really weird Aspen. I can feel her she's so powerful. I've never felt a witch with so much power." Bailey says excitingly grabbing things out of her bag.

I roll my eyes she shouldn't be excited. It has to be a witch thing. What is she doing?

"What is all that?" Paul asks.

"Different herbs. Just in case I have to do a protection spell." Bailey says as she mixes the contents in a wooden bowl. "I only have enough for one of you. Should I prepare it for Aspen?"

"Yes. She is more important than anything right now." Paul kisses my forehead but rest his lips there they linger listening to the orders Cam is giving.

I feel more than safe right now. I don't want to lose anyone today. I hope this witch is as friendly as Bailey. She did cleanse our house with sage, that has to mean something.

"... and I want Nathaniel and Blake at the back. Elijah and Evan join then. Sebastian, Levi you stay with Aspen. Stark, Nathan, Collins with me."

What does he mean 'with me'? He can't go out there. "Wait." I say grabbing Cam's arm. "You can't go out there. Are you crazy? Bailey says she's really powerful." My throat feels dry. Too dry.

"I'll be find I'm just going to check it out." Cam lies.

"No way." Tears are falling now. "Paul tell him he can't go." I sob.

I know I look like a wreck but I don't care. I'm not letting Cam or Paul go out there.

He sighs. Battling with himself and me. No matter what I won't give in willingly. As official Alpha he could say one command and I will have to follow. I pray he doesn't.

"Don't make me say the words kitten." He speaks into my hair.

"I don't think you have to Alpha." Stark says.

"Hum?" Cam hums.

I lift my head from Cam's chest to look in the direction of the others. I wipe my eyes dry. Standing- no floating at the back door is the witch.

She looks older then Bailey that's for sure but she has this timelessness about her. She could be older years older. Maybe a spell or a charm keeps her looking this way.

Her caramel skin is mesmerizing. I want to get closer to her. I want to feel her skin on mine.

What the hell?

Paul turns his head to me but doesn't say a word. I'm sure he can sense my arousal if not feel it. This is so embarrassing.

The click of the back door opening breaks me out of my thoughts. Is this normal? To feel attracted to a witch? Bailey is pretty and this didn't happen when I first met her.

This has to be my heat or hormones. I've never been attracted to females.

A series of growls and sneers erupt once her floating stops and her feet touch the floor. Why isn't she wearing any shoes?