Chapter 1

*BEEP BEEP BEEP* My alarm clock goes off for the first time in months. I got right out of bed and threw together a cute outfit. I wore my favorite blue skinny jeans and a peach Aeropstale shirt. I straightened my hair, threw in some earrings, and went to go eat something. After i ate my waffles, I sat on the couch waiting for time to pass until i had to go outside to my bus stop. I was so nervous. Thoughts kept going through my mind. "What if I don't get a seat on the bus?". "Is is going to be like last year?". "Who will I have to ask to sit next to?". "Is it going to be packed?". My brain was going crazy.

     I never liked the first day of school. It's so hectic and getting back on schedule isn't an easy thing to do. Every kid needs to get all their supplies, find their way around the school, plan out what times they can go to their lockers without being late for the next class. It's not that simple. Especially in south...the dreaded D wing. It's always the hardest hallway to get through because everyone is going in many different directions and D wing is almost impossible to avoid through the whole school day. On the first day, the freshmen don't know where to go so it gets extra bad.

     6:48 hits and I'm on my way to the bus stop. The bus comes at 6:50 and theres four people at my stop. Alyssa, Lyzette, and Nick. I get on the bus third and its packed!! I asked to sit next to this girl three seats back from the front. She politely lets me sit with her. My nerves calm down because I now knew I could actually get a seat without a struggle. The bus starts driving to the school and we pull up to the front. All I was thinking was 'Here we go again. Another 10 months of this crap'.

     I exit the bus and I walk in the first set of doors on the side of the school since it was closest to my homeroom. I had nothing to put in my locker yet. I walk upstairs to D20 and enter the class. "Aw shit", I said to myself. There was definitely people I couldn't stand in there. I sat in a random seat until the bell rang. "Good morning class. I'm Mrs. Wyckoff. I'm just going to tell you the rules of this classroom and what I expect out of all of you." Bam...the first line that began the rest of my sophmore year in high school.