Anastasia

Tears fell into my glass of Mascato making small waves as Lauryn Hill played lightly through my speakers touching my soul as she sang "When it Hurts so Bad

Tears fell into my glass of Mascato making small waves as Lauryn Hill played lightly through my speakers touching my soul as she sang "When it Hurts so Bad." If I had to explain what I was feeling at the moment, this song gave the perfect explanation.

I loved real, real hard once...

But the love wasn't returned...

Found out the man I'd die for...

He wasn't even concerned...

I tried, and I tried, and I tried...

To keep him in my life

I cried, and I cried, and I cried
But I couldn't make it right...

Yes, Ms. Lauryn was speaking all kinds of truths at the moment. Today was my five year anniversary and I had been blowing my boyfriend Jason's phone up all night only to get sent to voicemail.

I tried reaching him again for the umpteenth time getting more and more frustrated.

"You reached Jay, I'm busy at the moment but you know what to do."

Beeeeepppp.

"Seriously Jason?!" I yelled into the phone. "I have called you over fifteen fuckin times! Whoever the bitch is that has your attention can keep it! I'm done with this bullshit!" I sniffled before hanging up.

I hurled my phone into the wall knocking down the picture Jason and I took at our senior prom six years ago. We were so happy then, how times have changed.

My house phone rang loudly stopping my trip down memory lane. I jumped up and ran to grab the phone from my breakfast bar hoping it was my boyfriend calling to tell me that something had happened and he was on his way home.

"Hello?" I answered holding my breath.

"Damn, don't sound like it's your anniversary over there. Let me find out." My cousin Amelia said through my phone.

I sighed before running my hands through my hair. Tears clouded my vision and fell messing up my perfect beat that I had stopped by MAC and gotten earlier today.

"Heelllooooo?" Amelia yelled through the phone. I sniffled trying to gather the words to say. "Tasia, what's wrong boo?"

I shook my head as if she could see me. I was so hurt. Never in a million years would I expect my Jason to do this to me.

"H-h-he never showed up Melie!" I struggled to get out. "It's our anniversary and he didn't call or show."

My chest heaved up and down as I cried harder.

"Damn Tasia, I'm sorry boo. Look, you want me to come over?" Amelia asked in a sincere tone.

For as long as I can remember it has always been Amelia and me. She was my cousin, sister, and best friend all wrapped up in one. My grandma raised us both in the same household so we were basically sisters. Both our mom's were too busy still living out their childhood to properly care for us, thank God for my Granny.