Plan How To Save A Life

Introduction

I sat on the edge of the cold, hard hospital chair, tears on the verge of leaking as I listened to the doctor ramble on. I held my hand in my head, watching blurrily as the four year old breathed lightly, deep in sleep. My dark hair crowded my face as I listened to how exactly I could make ends meet. Unlike most nineteen year olds, I didn't have supporting parents or anyone I could turn to, no, I was alone.

" Look, Miss, all I can do is tell you that it's the little boy's life or fourty-thousand for an operation that could save his life." The doctor told me with a sigh, his eyes shifting from me to the four year old boy that lay silently uffering on the hospital bed. He ran a hand through his shedding, salt and pepper hair." I'm not supposed to do this, but if you can come up with half of the money, I'll do the operation. I understan that you're not on your feet yet, but I just need the money to save his life. That's it." He comprimised with me, but not enough.

Twenty thousand dollars.

I couldn't even afford a simple apartment to live in, let alone food to feed myself with. I didn't have a job that paid twenty thousand dollars in two weeks. Realistically, I didn't have a job at all. No one would dare to give me, a poor nineteen year old a loan for twenty thousand dollars, no matter how much I had of a life to save.

Entering the worn down diner, I plumped down in my seat across from the two girls who kept me alive for most of my life. They both stared at me with small, apologetic smiles on their face, both asking how much it would cost to save a four year old from going six feet underground. I simply shrugged, mumbling out the twenty thousand that I knew wouldn't come out as a miracale.

" You need to screw your head on straight, girl." The blonde told me in a motherly tone, passing me her cup of eighty-cent coffee. Her sister silently agreed with her, her ginger curls bouncing with a nod of her head. The blond, Jasmine looked at me with a serious face, her smile turning into a smirk." I have a plan."

" What are you talking about?" I asked, questioining her sanity thoughtfully in my head.

She smiled at me again, adding all the more confusion for everyone. She nodded her head to something behind me, averting my gaze to the guy beside the cashier. A million dollar smile stood lankly on his lips, his brown eyes staring at the cashier girl in instrest. He looked as if he walked fresh out of Abercrombie commercial, what with his shoveled hair and designer clothes. Definetly a rich boy with boatloads of money and girls lining up for a minute with him. Question was: What was Jasmine's point?

Jasmine cleared my thoughts as she cleared her throat after a sip of her steaming hot coffee, her smille still in tact." The point of this is, that guy over there is loaded. I mean his father basically own half as many companies as the world has and his mom is America's number one used lawyer." I raised my eyebrows at her, confused and bored at the smae time. She only grinned wider, her sister telepathically thinking the same." We're putting How To Save A Life in action."