Chapter one - Reed

Reed leaned an elbow on the marble bar top and gulped his bottle of Corona in one swing. The burn was welcoming as it slid down his throat, but somehow he wasn't satisfied. He knew he should have picked a stronger drink like the infamous Sierra Tequila or his personal favorite, the Devil Springs vodka, but hell, he can't. Or more like he couldn't. Michelle had always scolded him whenever he chose a stronger drink. Throughout the years, it had somehow became a habit to stray away fron hard drinks.

"Heck, I could get drunk as often as I want now." Yeah because Michelle is not here anymore. She broke my heart, my freaking heart. Getting the attention of the bartender, he ordered for another drink. "Make it stronger for me, mate." The bartender only nodded and went his way to prepare Reed's drink.

A minute after, the bartender slid Reed's drink in front of him. Muttering his thanks, Reed grabbed the whiskey the tender prepared for him. From the way it smelled, Reed was sure that he made it strong.

"Irish whiskey. Bushmill's single malt to be specific." The bartender said, smiling as a explanation. " I ought you need a stronger drink. Love, is it?"

"Yeah, just cheated on me." Reed said, tasting the drink with the lips. It was indeed strong, but it was what Reed needed right now - to get drunk.

"Ah, it happens all the time. Just call me over the counter if you need another round." With that, the bartender left Reed with his thoughts.

Gulping the drink in just one swallow, he then played the rink of the glass with his finger, circling it with his fingers as he tuned his attention to the dance floor.

The bar was pumped by people ogling each other in the dance floor, dancing under a series of multi colored neon lights. Don't cha by Pussycat Dolls rang loud as background music. Pussycat? Don't cha? He shoke his head. What club still plays Pussycat dolls? Apparently this club is still hooked up in the early 20's. He thought.

"Yeah, I too want to go back in the early 20's," he said to himself. The time when I haven't met Michelle yet.

Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?
Don't cha your girlfriend was a freak like me?
Don't cha?

"Don't cha?" A sad chuckle escaped his lips. Michelle was like the opposite of that that in all ways, but along the years, Reed had seen the once shy girl at school had slowly grown into a beautiful, smart and sweet lady. Apparently with it, she had also learned how to lie, how to cheat. Reed clutched on hand on his heart as if it could help ease the pain. He just could not believe that Michelle could cheat on him-- had cheated on him. Heck! They were together for seven years! Seven years! But distance makes the heart weary, she chose to just throw it away.

This day was suppose to be his rest day. A day where he would be surrounded by the ones he loved. A time for celebration because of his return. He had successfully and safely finished serving his term in the military as required by the West law, with his full body still intact. Hell, that in itself was a miracle. He had seen many of his colleagues, friends and even family members who weren't so lucky. Some had lost a part of their body. Some lost their mind from the trauma. Some even had lost their lives, leaving their families to mourn for them. But he was one of those lucky bastards who made it back home in one piece and still living.

He had looked forward for this -- to be able return home where war was very far away. Where war was just portrayed merely on the television screen. He had looked forward to see girl again.