A wonderful Date!

I went inside to tell Alberto about this but, he was busy on his phone.
"Who are you texting?" I said suspiciously.
"No one important. "He said with a light blush as he kept down the phone."
"Tell me."
"Why? Its no one you should know about, babe." He said with an innocent tone.
I let it go this time. His words kept buzzing through my mind.

"Its no one you should know about, babe."

Why couldn't he just tell me? Freak.
An argument ensued between both of my sides.

😈- go find out!
😇- no Jo. He needs some privacy too.
😈-he's committed to u! There's no space left between u. Its covered!
😇- he needs it as an individual!
😈- like I said . he's committed to u.
😇-it doesn't matter.
😈- shut up. What if he was talking to Miranda?
😇- he won't. He knows well how much she irritates Jo.
😈-double dating is all I can say.
😇-stop smirking. He's trustworthy and committed.
😈- I don't like the way you emphasize the last word and throw it back on me.
😇-I must say you're very frank.
😈- I already know.
😇- hey! Be polite!
😈-what the hell is polite?
😇-uhhh! -- u!
😈-get lost!
😇-why should I?
😈-uhhh! -- you too!
😇-Be polite for God's sake.
😈- Shut up for Satan's sake!

"Uh! Stop!" I shouted at my inner devil and and angel. But it seemed to be quite audible.
"What's wrong!" Jannessa said.
"Uh, well, nothing much. I had some weird thoughts and I , I ....." I trailed off.
She gave me the 'ok-i-get-it' look and I just smiled weirdly.

-----------------

We had reached home. It was 5:30 pm in the eve. Al had agreed for the date. He was gonna meet me at Paradise Hotel at 7:30 pm. I decided to wear my red cocktail dress and an artificial red rose head piece. I also decided to pair it with a pearl necklace and bracelet and red heels. Mom chose the same pattern except her dress was turquoise in colour and she let her hair down.
I got all dressed at about 7 and quickly did my makeup.

"Let's go! " Dad said. Dad looked really handsome in his black tuxedo. We had called Al in a Vampire restaurant, but its not too obvious. Humans come there too. It's a 30 minute drive from here. We sat in the car. Dad ignited the engine and drove off to Alberto's place. In 5 minutes we reached at his house. I saw him. He sat in the car. He was wearing a white tuxedo and his his was set. He looked really hot.
"Wow....." Was all I could say.
"Someone's drooling over me." He said with an smirk.
I got startled and looked down. Everybody in the car laughed.
I felt my cheeks turning pink.
Al and My parents had a talk all the way through the journey. Maybe, they had liked him. Way to go, Al.

----------------

As we got off (Obviously, we had reached. Duh!) Alberto held me back letting Mom and Dad go ahead.
"You're looking really beautiful tonight, baby Jo." He said with a smile.
"Thanks!" I said. Gah! Blushing problems!
"Girl, you need to look at yourself! You look super hot when you blush.
"Stop!" I said blushing harder.
He held my hand. Kissed it and we walked behind. Mom and Dad's table was 6, ours was 11. We were sitting far away. Dad had told the manager to include our bill too.

Alberto kept staring at me. We both kept staring at each other. I was blushing.
I realised we needed to talk. About Miranda. Was it the proper time? No, I think. I'll talk about it the school. We finally ordered Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo. I dropped a small chat. "So. Are you sad that I'm going?"
He froze.
"Im not sad-" Now I froze. "-Im grief stricken."
"Oh, Al....."
"Yes baby Jo?"
I blushed.
"Baby Jo, There's something I wanna give you." He removed a small boz from his box.
"I made it on my own." He said handing the box to me.
I looked at him and then opened it. It was a compass. I was confused.
"A compass?"
"I made it. Its special. It will start deflecting and its blue arrow will turn red, when I'm in a range of 20 meters from you. Cool, isn't it?"
"Wow! Its so amazing." I pulled him close and gave him a hug.
"Al?"
"Yes, Baby Jo?"
"Im gonna miss you. I never know when we'll meet again. Face to face. I really really want go stay. But....."
I trailed off.
"Its all about fate. Jo."
I just gave him a tired smile. He smiled back.