Ten

Spencer and Alice arrived at the BAU an hour later, Ellen and Robert in tow. The car had arrived on time, and had driven directly into the buildings parking structure meaning that if anyone HAD been watching the building, they wouldn't have seen Alice enter it. She was pleased about that part at least.

She followed Dr Reid through the halls to the BAUs offices, feeling eyes on her as she entered. Agent Hotchner was stood with a group of people, profilers she presumed knowing what happened on this floor. When he saw her, he strode over.

"Alice, thank you for coming. Let me introduce you to the rest of mine and Dr Reids team and then we'll get started. They're fully briefed on what you've told us so far."

He led her over the small group of people, Spencer walking instep with her.

"Alright so these are Agents Jennifer Jareau, Derek Morgan and David Rossi."

"I know you." Alice turned to the older man of the group.

"I imagine you do if you're taking Professor Frosts class." He greeted her, giving her a warm smile. She smiled back feeling somewhat at ease with these people, particularly David Rossi. She'd read all of his books and greatly admired his work.

"And this is our technical analyst Penelope Garcia." Agent Hotchner turned to a cheerful looking blonde woman who wore bright green glasses and pink shoes. She smiled at Alice as well.

"Team this is Alice Manchester, or Alice Bradley as she was known. Alice had kindly agreed to come in to talk to us about her experience and to help us work through this case."

He turned to Spencer. "Dr Reid, can you get set up in interview room 2 please. Dave will accompany you." He'd seen the recognition that Alice had for Rossi and thought it might do better if she was interviewed by two people she knew, or at least knew of. He'd be the other side of the glass listening.

Spencer nodded and led Alice away. Her sister and brother in law lagged behind.

"Why are we here, exactly?" Ellen asked the Agent.

"Because we'll need to interview you both about Alice's behaviour when she returned home, and I imagine you both want answers as well. She won't talk with you to in the room, she made that much clear last night. But you can remain behind the glass with myself."

"Just to be clear here, Alice isn't in any trouble here is she? She's not under arrest or anything?" Robert spoke, a worried look on his face.

"No, she's not. She's assisting us with what has the potential to be a very confusing case. At the moment she's the only witness we've got."

Hotch gave orders to the other team members, before leading Robert and Ellen through to the room where they could watch Alices interview. Through the glass he could see Rossi handing both Dr Reid and Alice coffee before settling down with one himself. He said something to the girl that made her laugh, her shoulders relaxing, Hotch couldn't hear it as he hadn't flicked the switch that allowed their voices to be heard but he was pleased to see that she looked more at ease. This would be easier that way.

"If you'd like to take a seat then I'll go and tell them to begin when ready." Aaron left the room and knocked three times on the interview room door before entering.

"We're ready when you are. Take your time Alice and remember, we will protect you at all costs if you can lead us to the people that have murdered these 38 and possibly more, victims."

"Are they next door too?" She nodded to the glass, not knowing that she was actually looking directly at her sister, their eyes locked through the two way mirror.

"Yes. But if you've changed your mind and don't want them to here this, then I can move them to a different room. I'll be in there with them, and I'll be feeding any names or information you give us to our Technical Analyst Penelope."

"It's fine. At least now they'll know." Looking directly at the glass she spoke again. "Please don't hate me."

Spencer shifted in his chair, picking up the box of photos and the bracelets that Alice had allowed him to bring. He handed one particular photo to Hotch, a photo that showed Alice with both Lewis and Marnie Goldstein.

Aaron viewed it carefully and nodded, taking it with him as he exited the room.

"Where do you want me to start." Alice asked Spencer, taking a sip of the hot coffee in front of her.

"At the beginning."