Aftermath

Sunlight crept over Sean's face as the smell of breakfast alerted his senses that it was now morning. He had a hard time sleeping last night. Taylour's words echoed in his ear over and over. "How could you do this to me? I love you. Why?" Once finally able to sleep he had a dream of her and him on the beach where they honeymooned in Bora Bora. She was wearing a beautiful white sundress that came to the middle of her thighs. She was so happy smiling at him. Being playful and goofy like she used to be. Then Michelle appeared in the corner of his eye and the closer she got to him, Taylour was being pulled away from him. Almost by an invisible force as she continued to smile and reach for him. He called to her but eventually, she was out of his reach and he could only see her in the far distance. He tossed and turned in his sleep and called out to her waking up out of his sleep in a cold sweat. He just sat against the wall trying to slow his heart. He was finally able to go back to sleep but only a mere 3 hours of sleep was all his conscience would allow.

Getting out of bed he went into the bathroom in his room to wash his face and brush his teeth. Looking in the mirror he looked bad, really bad. Like he hadn't slept in days as opposed to just one night. He planned on calling out of work today so that he could figure some things out and start his plan to get his family back or die trying. He went out of the room that was in the back of the house and walked to the dining room where Mike sat in his suit. Dressed in a white button-up with a lavender silk tie and suspenders he was sharp. He sat reading the paper and drinking his coffee while Sharice placed a plate of bacon, eggs, grits, and sauteed catfish left over from last night's dinner. Taking a seat at the table Sean braced himself for questions and looks, especially from Sharice. Not knowing how much Mike did tell her. Although he said he wouldn't, Sean knew she was a woman meaning she knew what to say or do to get information out of her man. The fact that this woman was Sharice he knew her tactics were effective.

"Morning," Sharice said walking back to the kitchen.

"Morning Sharice." Sean gave Mike a look of question. He was taken aback by how warm she was to him which meant she couldn't have possibly known what he did. Mike shook his head confirming his suspicion.

" Are you hungry Sean?" She said from over the counter.

" Yes, thanks." She was dressed in her black form-fitting dress and red stiletto pumps. Her Blouse was tucked in her skirt and her hair was styled in a well-kept bob.

Sharice fixed Sean a plate and sat at the table with him and Mike. The first moments were awkward and silent. Then she asked...

"So how are my babies?" Referring to Jay and Melody

"They're fine." He said trying not to make eye contact. He took a fork full of food so by the time she asked another question his mouth would be too full to answer.

" I'd love to see them this weekend. We can watch them for you guys. Right babe?" She said looking at Mike. He was caught off guard, he cleared his throat and nodded.

" Yea man we can keep them for you."

" That would be great..." the vibration of his phone cut him off and he saw a text from his mother.

Mama

Hi honey. Can you ask Taylour to bring her potato salad for the picnic Saturday? I tried calling her but there was no answer. Love you guys.

Sean forgot about the picnic with his family Saturday. He couldn't tell his parents what he had done. Especially his mother who saw Taylour as her own. Oh Lord, what was he going to do? Panic flashed over his face.

" Everything okay man?" Mike asked as he and Sharice stared at him.

" Yea..yea it's fine. Look I'll have to take a rain check on you guys getting the kids. There's a family picnic this weekend. But next week for sure. I better get going I've got something I gotta do today." He said looking at Mike knowing he knew exactly what he meant.