Chapter 7

After the incident the other day I haven't seen much of Col. He doesn't really sleep and is always in meetings so I have been spending a lot of time to my self. 

Chad and Tyler have even been busy with Cols orders as well. I have gotten to know many of the other pack members, often helping out in the kitchen or the infirmary. They have taught me a lot and welcomed me into the family. My favorite thing was that I got to play with the children here. I found myself sitting in the meadow helping take care of the children as their parents were off at work. The kids loved showing off all there different skill and tricks and often followed me everywhere. Sitting in the grass as they shifted into there little puppy wolves and ran around was what I spent most of my time doing. 

Exploring the pack grounds and meeting other pack members have been fun and I have made a lot of friends but I miss Col. I tried talking to him every once in a while in the past two days but he just says he is busy, giving me a quick kiss, and then rushes off to do the next task on his list. Although his absence is depressing I don't want to seem clingy, so I'm trying to give him some space. My wolf has been hounding me for a run so, since I have nothing else to do today, I think I'll grant her her demanding wish. I was just starting to get used to the feeling of my wolf inside me. She was her own person and it was weird at first hearing her thoughts and balancing them with mine.

I walked to the edge of the woods and shifted behind a tree not wanting anyone to see me naked. My wolf immediately started to take over and I started to run through the trees jumping over logs and bushes until we were tired out. I made my way over to a lake, bending down to take a drink of the water when I heard the snap of a branch. I quickly turned around and searched the forest but couldn't hold back the fear forming at the bottom of my stomach. 

My ears twitched at the slightest noise but when nothing happened I decided I needed to head back. Just as I was about to leave three wolves sprang out and surrounded me. They were all males guessing by their size. The one on the left was brown and tan, his eyes looking around the forest watching to make sure no one else was coming. The one on the right was grey and brown and had a Chunk of fur missing from its ear. And lastly was the one in the middle it was black and brown. I knew immediately who it was. My father had come back for me. I frantically looked around but couldn't find a way out.

Col! I yelled through mind link.

What's the matter?

I went for a run but now I'm surrounded by- 

Before I could finish the wolf on the right sprang at me making me fall back and hit my head against a tree. As my eyes started to get fuzzy I could hear Col screaming my name but I was unable to reply as I slowly blacked out.

Col's POV

Coming out of another meeting I dragged myself upstairs to my room hoping that Char would be there. I was disappointed to see her gone but wasn't surprised that she wouldn't be there at 1 in the after noon. I hadn't gotten much time to spend with her because I need to make sure that we kept the place secure. I also have been talking with other Alphas about the rouge problem and seeing if they have had trespasses on their land like we have. I collapsed on the bed falling asleep, the past couple nights catching up on me. 

I woke up a couple hours later to a bad feeling. My wolf was antsy and knew I needed to see Charity.

Col!

What's the matter?

I went for a run but now I'm surrounded by-

I felt the connection break and started to yell her name but no responses came. I jumped up and ran downstairs to Chad and Tyler.

"Something has happened to Charity." I said running to the front door them close on my heels. Following her sent I reached a lake and looked around. Her scent seemed to stop here so I couldn't follow it anymore. But what really got me was the smell of other wolves. We had trespassers. Chad burst through the bushes  with Tyler right on his heels. They sniffed the air and looked at me.

"Where is the Luna?" Chad said worry lacing his words.

"I Don't know!" I growled blind rage starting to take over.

"There are three other scents here." Tyler said as he took a big sniff.

I turned and started running back to the house. As soon as I got there I slammed the door open and headed to my office. I knew just who had the nerve to take her on my own lands. And I would end his life because no one messes with what is mine. And Charity is mine. 

I'm going to rip them to shreds if they even lay one finger on her. Their days are over.

I grabbed the desk from my office and threw it across the room in rage as I howled. My whole pack could hear the anger in me and howled along with me, them just as angry.

"Find her and kill anyone who touched her!" I roared as my whole pack got to moving.

1/28/21