3

Naomi's pov

I studied the X-rays of the corpse in the lab quietly looking at them from different angles and then at the body's decomposed flesh.

"Dr. Brennan?" I heard a voice. I turned toward the sound. It was Hodgins.

"Yes? And please just Naomi." I smiled sweetly at him.

"Sorry but You've been staring at the x rays for hours." He said smiling back.

"You've been watching?" I asked cocking an eyebrow. He blushes.

"Uh well no. I just happen to look in your direction and saw you've been sitting there since you got here and I was kinda wondering if you wanted to get something to eat." He stumbled a bit over his words. It was cute.

"Um sure. Where's a good place to get something." I asked getting up and putting my hair in a pony tail.

"There's a small diner down the street, I could take you there if you want?" He suggested.

"Sounds fun." I said taking off my lab coat. Soon Zack Addy was running through the place shouting for Im guessing Temperance.

"Dr.Addy is something wrong?" I asked.

"I completely missed something when I was reconstructing the skull fragments I found." He said pulling I'm images on the computer monitor. I looked at them and saw the skull had intracranial hematoma.

"Well that would also explain the cause of death." I said putting the lab coat back on.

"Sorry Dr. Hodgins maybe another time for lunch." I immediately got back to work. He frowns a bit.

"Ya maybe another time." He says and leaves the room and goes back to his own work area. Dr. Addy looked between me and Dr. Hodgins as he left.

"I'm not every experienced with relationships but I think Hodgins was 'asking you out' or what people call it when two people go places together." He said logically. I smiled.

"Yes thank you Dr. Addy I will take note on that next time. You see these fragments  show signs of intracranial hematoma which means that the attacker would have had to been really strong and from where the injury is it seems the victim was on his knees executioner style." I pointed on the monitor.

"Yes so the killer could have been... At least 5'6." He said. I shook my head yes.

I stayed at the lab for what felt like hours and I was starving. I should have took Hodgins up on that diner. I went to his office area to see if he was still there and he looked like he was about to leave.

"Hey." I said leaning on his door. He jumped and turned around.

"Naomi! You scared me." He said

"Sorry, but I was wondering if you still wanted to get something to eat, I'm starving." I asked. He blushed and smiled.

"Ya.. Ya sure lets go."