Wanted

The sound of the clock ticking was all that echoed in Owen's ears. The past two weeks have been hard on him. The dreaded sound of someone walking up to his door to take Jessica makes him panic inside. Jessica snuggles with her little bunny but can tell that her friend is scared. Her and Owen play together inside and sometimes go to see Blue.

But Claire kept calling. Her words made Jessica cry every time. How her mother was on her way, and how much her mother missed her. Owen at one point got into a heated argument over Claire talking to Jessica without him. Jessica was more quiet and went back to her silent self. She felt as if she was the problem and she didn't want to get anyone mad.

However, the dreaded day came. Jessica hid in the little closet holding her little bunny close. Owen sat on his bed, and looked at the closed closet. Barry was still MIA with the task he was given. It drove Owen crazy that he was stuck.

"Mr. Grady?" Claire voice echoed. She stood in her white shirt and skirt. Her Orange hair was a clean cut, that went with her jawline. She held a tablet in front of her as she tried to look professional. "It's time."

Owen wiped his face with his hand and sighed. He walked over to the closet and slowly opened. There was little Jessica with her eyes red and puffy. She began to cry louder as Owen picked her up. Jessica began to scream and cry, not wanting to let him go. Claire went to take her, but Owen glared and made his way to her car.

As they drive, Jessica calms down to quieter sobs. Owen held her close to his chest as he rubbed her back. He smiled and teared up when remembering the moment he made Jessica fell like a person.

"So, Can you tell me your name?" Owen asked. "I just want to know what to call you."

The girl began to tug on her fingers then says something, so quietly Owen couldn't hear.

"Sorry, I couldn't hear you." Owen said, and mover closer to her.

"They call me Bitch..." She said quietly. Anger flowed through his chest. How could someone do that to a child?

"Well, that doesn't fit. How about we come up with a new one?" Owen suggests. The girl nodded.

"Hmmm what about Magenta? Cause you get along with Blue and Blue's clues, you know?" Owen says, the girl shakes her head.

"Rosie? Cause you got Rosie cheeks." Owen said, while poking her warm cheeks. She giggled, but shook her head. Owen bit his lip and really looked at her, and pictured her when she would be older.

"You're gonna be a looker when your older.....what about Jessica? Little Jessie?" Owen suggests.

"I like that one." Jessica says. 

Tears fell down his face as he smiled. Jessica nuzzled her face into his chest, and made him want to hold on to her tighter and never let go. He saw as they pulled up to the spot. It was inclosed, so there was no public. There stood a woman with a long jacket on. Her black hair was disheveled and messy while ti was in a large clip.

Claire and Owen got out of the car. Claire basically pulled Jessica off him with force, and carried the child towards the Woman.

"Mrs.Banner?" Claire called out. The woman turned and began to cry.

"Oh baby, oh my little Gina!" The woman cried as she ran to grab Jes-Gina. Gina went into her mother's arms, and flinched. The woman held her close, rocking back and forth. The little girl yelped before crying and saying how she missed her mommy.

Everyone began to give the two space, but Owen stayed around in the bushes. Gina pulled away from her Mother and cowered.

"Listen to me. You go along with everything I say." The woman hissed. "No shit this time. And don't cry unless someone is around. You're acting like a baby. Stupid Bitch."

"My name is Jessica." The little girl whispered as she held her bunny tight. The woman snorted. 

"Did I say you could speak?" She growled. The woman took the bunny and ripped it out of Jessica's arms. The woman ripped the bunny and threw it into the forest.

"Lets go." She hissed and grabbed Jessica through to the others. Owen emerged from the forest and picked up the little bunny. He looked in the direction of Jessica and became determined.

"I will get you back Rabbit. I promise."