Them Wrong

(Fifteen Years Old)

(Fifteen Years Old)

To say Jessica has grown up, would be an understatement.

She was now a rebellious teen, who was good at being sneaky.

She didn't go to school anymore, she believed se was smart enough. Her teacher didn't really care, because Owen still gave him the upgrades he demanded. Owen still thinks that she's in school. 

Instead of being in school, Jessica was in the woods. She was following and watching the different dinosaurs. Jessica was constantly at the lake with the Brontosauruses. She would sit and sketch them, and if she was lucky, they would place their heads next to her. They were very kind creatures. Her hands would brush over their rough skin. 

Jessica could feel the dino breathing, and hear him humming at her touch. It fascinated her. 

then came the day she deiced to be daring.

Her backpack was on tight with all of her notes and drawings. The dino placed his head down again, and Jessica stood up. She carefully walked over to his neck, and placed a leg over it for her to sit. The Brontosaurus then stood up, making Jessica slide to the body. He then began to walk with his pack, and gave Jessica the sight of her life.

She watched as the other dinosaurs fed as they pasted by. How all of them lived in harmony, not screwing with anyone else. The smile on her face was almost  impossible to remove. 

Except when she got home.

She walked in to see Owen looking nice with his shorts on, and on the phone to make reservations. She knew it was for a date. 

Jessica never liked any of Owen's dates. Mainly because it was a female. 

Every since her mother, Jessica has never trusted a human female ever. Anytime a girl with Owen tried to be kind and good to her, she gave them the cold shoulder. Unless Owen was there too, then she would put on a fake smile.

"Hey Rabbit, how was school?" Owen asked her as he hung up.

"Fine, what you so spiffy for?" Jessica asked as she grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.

"You Remember Claire, right?" Owen said, making Jessica almost choke on her water.

"Ye..Yeah? What about her?" Jessica croaked. Her back was to Owen, so he couldn't see her face.

"Well, I'm taking her out." Owen said, and she could her feel his smile. "Who knows, it may work out this time."

Those words made Jessica want to vomit.

"Yeah...maybe." Jessica said quietly. She chugged her water, then went to grab her bag. "I'm heading out, see ya."

Jessica opened the door, only to find Claire there. She wore a nice dress and she looked very facny.

"Heloo Jessica. Is Owen here?" Claire asked. Jessica scoffed and walked pasted. She grabbed Owen's bike and took off. As she drove, tears fell. Why did he need a girlfriend? Was Jessica not enough for him?

She made him smile, and laugh. The two of them were happy together, so why the hell did he needed someone else. Especially Claire. Her voice made Jessica cringe and want to hide. As if Angel was calling her again to do something. She hated Claire. Claire sent her back to Angel, as if she was a package.

Finally Jessica arrived at the place she felt safe.

The Raptor Paddock. 

Jessica went over to the gate and opened it. She then closed it behind her and head to the second gate.

No one stopped her. This was a usual thing for her to do. However, Owen had no clue.

She sat in front of the gate and waited to hear the feet. The feet of those she called family.

First one she saw was Charlie. Charlie then called her sisters then ran to the gate. The four girls kept pushing each other to get there first. Jessica couldn't stop laughing, which made the girls go faster.

Once they reached the gate, or crashed into to it, They cooed at the sight of Jessica. They hummed as they tried to fit their heads through the gates. No matter what, the girls were there for Jessica. All they wanted to do was be near her. 

But Jessica needed more than them behind a gate. 

"Girls, back up." She ordered. The girls backed up, and Jessica hit the gate button. The Alarm went off, but as soon as She was able to get inside the paddock, she reached through the gate to close it.

Jessica walked over to the first Raptor she saw, which was Delta. Her arms wrapped around Delta's neck and she began to sob. The other Raptors cooed and nuzzled her to get her to stop crying.

Up on the Catwalk, there was Barry and One of the other workers, Mark. Both looked at each other, and Barry sighed.

"Erase the security footage. Hoskins cannot find out about this." Barry ordered.

"Should I call Grady?" Mark asked. Barry sighed and shook his head.

"Just the tapes." Barry told him. Mark nodded and left to erase the tapes, and make sure everyone kept their mouths shut about this.

Jessica cried but the Raptors nuzzled their face into her. Echo took dominance and picked her up by her shirt, then put her on Blue's back. Blue then ran around, making Jessica smile and giggle. Barry was yet again puzzled by this girl. 

But she looked happy. Her Red puffy eyes were filled with happiness and freeness. She put her arms out to catch the wind as Blue ran. She yelled out with excitement. The other Raptors then ran behind them, and Jessica called to them.

Once they stopped, Jessica sat in the middle of the Paddock with the Raptors lying beside her. She began to tell them about her trip with the other Dinos. She stroked the girls' scaly skin as she spoke.

"I don't need them." Jessica said to the Raptors. "I don't need them when I have you guys."

That's how she spent the night. Sing the Raptors songs, telling them stories and telling them how much they mean to her.

"No matter what, I will be with you guys. Even if that means splitting up everything I have." Jessica told them.

Sadly, she didn't actually know how true her words were.