Due Date: Teacher's Office by EKshortstories

Nominated by trislima

Author: EKShortstories

Parts: 16 (ATM) FOR THE WATTYS2016

Status: Ongoing

Description:

What happens when the new teacher of Summit High School becomes Cara Hill's summer crush?

 And what happens when Cara needs help and he's there to assist?

 Simon Bay innocently tutors Cara, wanting nothing more but to see her succeed. But when things become less about teaching and more about 'meetings' outside of school, Cara is caught up between a reckless and tender romance that threatens her grades and his career. 

However, can the two find happiness within the system? Or will their summer go down as the worse mistake they have ever made?

COMMENT: I haven't actually read this but a few people have and their comments are below.

TRISLIMA:

Ah, light humor and cute first time meetings. This is definitely what I live for.

Your writing voice is beautiful. For the kind of story you're writing, I think it's probably the most appropriate. What fascinates me the most is how you can hook a reader even with long descriptions - it is as if you are directly talking to them, and it definitely doesn't make us want to skip ahead; instead, it makes us want to know more.

I feel like I can picture Cara meeting him for the first time very clearly, and that is all due the amazing ways you can paint a picture so vividly with nothing but words. I also like how she's not 'perfect' and neither is he, because they are both clumsy and somewhat awkward, so this won't be one of those 'one is cocky, one is shy' stories, because they both have very interesting personalities which compliment each other - and I know all this from reading a single chapter, that's how good you are.

I feel like I'd have to try VERY hard to find anything bad about this chapter, because honestly, I don't think it could get any better. The whole rent-a-friend thing was brilliant, I don't know if it was your idea but I just found it incredibly adorable.

Can I just say, Jessie Eisenberg as Simon is one of the best casting for a story I have seen. It fits him perfectly!

EnigmaMoonFAB:

I like your writing voice, every write has a voice they write with. You use yours and you have good feeling to it, keep up the writing.