Chapter 3

"No."

Sandy had been nagging Seychelles about going on a blind date for the past three days. She had just gotten out of a relationship for God's sake! She needed time... Okay not really, but the last person Sandy had set her up with had been seven years older than her. That was back when they were twenty. He was a nice guy and all, but the age didn't make her comfortable. She had an obsession with older guys. It was weird.

"No? What's that supposed to mean?" she pouted.

"Now, Sandy you and I both know that your pout doesn't affect me," Elle scolded.

"I know, but it's worth a try. Please, Elle. I'm begging you."

"Tell me about him. If I like what I hear I've got myself a date."

"Okay, so his name's Alfonso..."

"Alfonso? Isn't that your half-brother’s name?"

"Yes, it is. He's the very same."

"So you want me to go out with the biggest grouch you know? Aren't you always complaining about him and how he's always switching girlfriends and what not?"

"Yes, but I think you two will be really good for each other. Besides, you two have never met and it's about time. Plus you don't know him so you might like him when you do."

"I've had enough of guys who treat women like trash. I mean I just spent a whole year on that loser, Marco. And, no offence, but your brother fits that description to a T."

"Okay, let's make a deal then. It won't be a date. It'll just be dinner. One meal, that's all. You don't like him, no sweat. It's not like I'm asking you to marry the guy."

Elle sighed in resignation. "Alright then. When will it be?"

"I'll get back to you on that. Let's go grab a bite to eat. There's an amazing restaurant at the newest Santangelli hotel."

"They're all amazing," Elle said dryly. "And I can't afford a place like that. It costs a small fortune just to be seated there."

"Why should you care?" Sandy snorted. "Your dad's one of the richest men in the city."

"I know, but that's his money, not mine. I don't want him to think I need him for everything. I'm supposed to be independent, remember?"

"Don't sweat it, Miss. Independent. I know the chef. He's a friend of mine. We'll get a free meal," Sandy said as she led them both out of their apartment down to her car.

***

"I can't believe you've got connections in this place! It's so amazing," Elle gushed as they were seated. "What would I do without you?"