; 03

A/N: thank you for the 1k reads i mean i don't know people would actually read this :/

·

M entered the bathroom in relief, ready to wash off her burdening thoughts and the dirt she felt was covering her body because of the strange boy's touch from earlier.

After taking her clothes off, she stared at her bathroom mirror with a solemn look on her face, judging her own appearance. Her tied-up hair, her thin, cracked lips under its reddish tint, her defined cheekbones, her pointy nose and her dark brown eyes made her smile.

She loved the way she looked ever since, every time she passes by a mirror she would take time to scrutinize her appearance and admire her beauty.

But this time, the tattoo disturbed her again after what seemed like ages since. It took her quite a while to tolerate the presence of the tattoo, but someone under the name of V just had to point it out again and interrogate her about it.

Flashbacks shot back from when she was young, back when M was abducted at a young age and she lived in fear. Her parents and her brothers were murdered by her kidnappers who were ganglords and crime bosses way back then. And before they chopped off their long hair, they did so many things against her juvenile self's will.

And that was including the tattoo which served as the mark that those obnoxious humans were still after M, no matter what. The tattoo was completely permanent and having forced to have those incoherent numbers near her chest was a nightmare to her.

And the fact that they can come back any time scared her.

When she was younger, she would isolate herself from the other children and watch as the teenagers get punished or slaughtered when they do something against the ganglords' will. This caused M to be more afraid of the brightness, because ever single one of her peers knew what the brightness meant back then; it meant that you're next.

After filling up the bathtub with bubbles, she dipped her feet in the foamy water, followed by her whole body. The feeling of serenity calmed her senses and she closed her eyes, getting lost in a dimension she formed inside her head.

And there she thought, why does V have the same tattoo?

It freaked her out how they had things in common, he was that one guy she least expected to be one of those children from more than ten years ago. They both refused to reveal their name, they both hid their identities behind a single letter, they had matching tatoos which were almost hard to decipher. Same coloured ink, same font, and same tattoo location. It's no doubt that M wasn't the only one in the school who had his childhood robbed off from him.

But why V out of all people?

M laid her arms on the sides of the tub and threw her head backwards, taking a deep breath. Her thoughts teleported to the flashbacks of her past all of a sudden, and when she fluttered her eyes open she saw that her bathroom had turned into a darker place with a heavier atmosphere and a nostalgic scent.

And somehow, the lights turned off, and she found herself in the pitch black darkness. But she never wanted the lights on anyway, because having them on meant that she would see the pool of blood surrounding her.

They did say, what you don't know doesn't hurt you.

~

M puffed the smoke coming from the lit cigarette out in the air, watching it spread above her as it blurred her eyes a little. The cigarette rested in between her ring and middle finger as she rested both of her palms on the pavement.

She would only ditch classes when she was in the right mood to think, which is completely the opposite from what anyone would expect from her. But M rarely missed any classes, usually she would just sleep in class hours right in front of the teacher's face. At first it made her confused how the teachers never paid attention to her falling asleep in class durations, but she got used to the bizzareness of it.

The morning sky smeared faint, white sheets of cirrus and feathery clouds blended with its baby blue color. This calmed M more than anything, because when she was younger she rarely saw the sky. She barely knew what it was like. She was forced to work as one of the street beggars at night- or whatever she was told to act as late at night to satisfy old men who kidnapped her and a few other kids.

Suddenly, M heard a gunshot erupt from meters beside her, startling her a little bit and her thoughts were interrupted.

She turned her head towards the direction of the noise, goosebumps spreading around her body in a split second. She stood up from her comfortable seat and ran towards the noise without hesitation, and she swore she saw a shirtless guy's back standing there with his fists clenched.

He felt M's presence behind her without looking and fled away, leaving her confused. M's heart raced when she realized that the figure had already disappeared before her very eyes, leaving her no evidence that a gunshot was heard and no shooting happened, except for her own hearing.

What was shot?

Or who?

M then felt her wrist being dragged backwards, much to her surprise. The strong grip made her wince, and the speed almost sent her flying towards south. The next thing she knew was the fact that she was dragged through a room by an unknown person, along with other people surrounding her, excluding the guy who dragged her.

She raised her head and slowly opened her tightly shut eyes, then she saw four other guys with distinctive, different hair colours.