New Girl: Part One

~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>

||>New Girl<||>Part 1<||

<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~

My alarm awoke me with a horrendous cacophony of alerts at 7:00. Today was the first day back after a relaxing two week break from school. We were supposed to have been studying for the upcoming exams but of course nobody did. Who could have possibly studied when the weather was so nice? I had made sure to hit the beaches and soak in the glorious sun. However due to my ghostlike complexion I was unable to accomplish a tan and instead I was an awful shade of pink.

I didn't' see much of my friends in the holidays; not that I had any. My group of friends consisted of myself, Jeremy and Max. Jeremy, the gangly geek, had spent the holidays in Fiji while Max, the overweight midget, had picked up a part time job at the local cafe that kept him occupied on most days.

After completing my normal morning routine I walked to the bus stop where I was greeted by my friends. I was relieved to see that I wasn't the only one who couldn't get a tan. Jeremy looked like a red chilli while Max had an uncanny resemblance to a ripe tomato.

"Sup lads," I greeted them. They both nodded the heads towards me in a gesture that accepted my presence. "How were the holidays?"

"Awful" replied Max. "They had me working five hour days at the cafe. Do you have any idea what that does to your body? My hands are permanently wrinkled from washing dishes and I got blisters on my feet for standing up too long"

"It can't be too bad though. How much cash did you make?" I questioned.

"$250"

"Only 250! Mate, talk about child labour. Tell your uncle he's a stingy asshole. While your at it why don't you call the cops to report a case of slavery"

"Ha." He replied sarcastically. "You're so funny. $250 is pretty good for only eight days work. Besides I'm too young to get a real job."

"But that's like $5 an hour"

"$6.25 to be precise" piped in Jeremy. I had barely noticed his presence until he said that.

"Shut up!" I replied. "It's only half of minimum wage"

"0.454%" He butted in.

"Can you honestly fuck off with your maths bullshit? Nobody cares if it's not exact." I retorted. It was too early for me to already be dealing with percentages.

"Well actually Mr Dicken said that-"

"Well he can fuck off too" I shouted before he could finish his sentence.

Ever since Jeremy had been put in the accelerated maths class he had been annoying us all with his advanced mathematical knowledge. Both Max and I were tired of his antics and decided that we would stop his awful habit of correcting people. Every time he tried to correct us we would just tell him to "Fuck Off".

After our 'polite' exchange of words our bus finally arrived and we boarded it. And it took us swiftly to school.

___________________________

Hello to my 3 readers and my friends who I tricked into reading this. I hope you enjoyed part 1 and please correct any blindingly obvious errors. Thanks and don't forget to vote and comment.

-Richie

___________________________