New Girl: Part Two

~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>

||>New Girl<||>Part 2<||

<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<

As I made the soulcrushing walk through the school gates it dawned on me that I would be stuck at St Percy's College for another term. My school was one of those high schools who pretended to be British but in actual fact was just an ordinary New Zealand high school. I farewelled my friends and headed to my first class, AS Biology.

Most students chose AS Biology because they were pursuing careers in sciences or were generally interested in the subject. I, however, chose it for the teacher. Her name was Mrs. Perkins and, quite frankly, she was bat-shit crazy. She was one of those people who would always try to bring up the fact that she was more environmentally-friendly than you. She was completely bonkers but that wasn't why I liked her. Her one redeeming factor was that she made heavenly cakes and better yet, she brought cake every Monday or double-period. Every bite into a slice of her cake was like divine. It felt like the flavours danced an exotic tango with your tastebuds.

As I picked up my piece of cake (passionfruit and strawberry spongecake) I sauntered to the back of the class and sat in my regular spot right against the back wall. I chose this seat because it meant that I could lean back in my chair and rest against the wall.

"Good morning, students." She greeted us. "Remember that we are are all crew on Spaceship Earth, there are no passengers. Following on from that I would like to welcome you all back to school. I hope you enjoyed your holidays, I know that I did. I was planting some vegetables in my eco-friendly vegetable garden with my homemade compost. Oh where was I? Yes thats it, welcome back."

My eyes glanced around the classroom looking from poster to poster when I saw her. The new girl. She wasn't just any girl though, she was drop dead gorgeous. Everything about her seemed elegant, from her wavy locks of golden hair prancing in the sunlight to her long slender legs. She was a 10 out of 10.

"Oh how could I forget" Mrs. Perkins exclaimed. "We have a new student. Please welcome Ashley Robertson. Ashley, why don't you go find yourself a seat?"

Jack Jensen's hand shot up. "She can sit next to me, Miss."

"Don't be silly, Frank is already sitting with you."

"Oh. He can move." He then received a brutal punch to the arm by Frank.

Mrs. Perkins shook her head and motioned for her to find a seat. I watched her piercing eyes scan the room before they locked on to the seat next to me. My heart went into overdrive as she gracefully strutted to her seat.

"Hey. Mind if I sit here?" Her voice was like a melodious harp playing a delicate tune. I needed to think of something to say, anything.

At that moment Jack Jensen turned around and gave me the evil eyes while threatening me with a closed fist.

"Sure! Hi I'm Jack. No wait, I'm Sam. Sorry, My name is Sam. What's your name?"

She gave me a confused look. Of course, Mrs Perkins had already introduced her.

"No wait I mean, uhhh, nice weather isn't it?"

She giggled as I turned to see that the weather was awful. It was pouring down with rain and the sky was full of looming grey clouds. I decided to keep my mouth shut after that.

"I guess so" she replied assuringly.

By this point my cheeks had gone crimson red with embarrassment. She noticed my blushing and smiled.

"Guess you're not an extrovert, me neither. Can't stand 'em. To answer that question, My name's Ashley Robertson. You can call me Ashe."

___________________________

Hey guys! New part to the chapter. From now on I'll be releasing whole chapters because it's too short if I release it in parts. Hope you enjoy

-Richie

___________________________