Part I

Thank you for checking out my story. I hope you enjoy it. I love feedback so please let me know what you think. Votes, comments, and reads are all used by Wattpad to generate the hotlist and rank stories in searches so if you want to help more people find this story please consider voting by clicking the little star. If you like these characters and want to read more about them check out the rest of the Blood Mage Verse stories. -- Sheryl

***

"How do I look?" Jill gave a little twirl. Her short red dress flared out around her hips as she turned. Loose waves tumbled around her shoulders, the darkest gold that could still be called blonde.

"Fantastic." Cal replied. Jill had a knack for fashion and makeup that Cal found almost miraculous. The vintage Hollywood starlet in front of her was so different from the casual look Jill usually sported. The round girlish face transformed from cute to sultry with full red lips and large blue eyes.

Cal's own outfit for the concert was less glamorous but equally sexy. Currently she was struggling to fasten the front busk of her under-bust corset. It was brocade, with deep burgundy flowers and leaves wove their way over a black ground, and went from just under her breasts down to her hips. She was wearing it over a long-sleeved champagne top that was low-cut enough to show just a hint of cleavage, on a more well endowed woman it would have been more than a hint. The long sleeves were the reason she had chosen this top to wear under the corset, the intricate scarification on her arms often drew unwanted attention. She wanted to have fun tonight, not deal with people who didn't respect her personal space and tried to touch without asking. The long loose sleeves concealed them from view, while the creamy color complemented her olive skin. Form fitting black pants and mid-calf suede boots completed the outfit, the two-inch heels brought her up to exactly six feet tall. Finally on the fourth attempt she got all the hooks and posts on the busk to line up. She wiggled it around until the center of the corset and the buttons of her shirt all lined up properly.

"Tighten me up?" She asked.

Jill tugged on the laces until the corset was snug but not as tight as she was able to wear it. The plan tonight included plenty of dancing and it would not do to be suffocated by her wardrobe. The corset was comfortable, she could wear it all night, but if she was going to do anything strenuous she needed some breathing room.

"How's that feel?"

"Good, thanks."

Jill tied it off and tucked the loops up under the crisscrossing laces to keep them out of the way. Corsets weren't Jill's style but she had helped Cal get into hers more than once.

"Sit down so I can do your makeup" Jill said.

Cal obediently took a seat on the edge of her bed so Jill could get to work. Despite her friend's best efforts at teaching her, makeup was never something Cal had mastered. Probably due to insufficient practice. She only ever wore makeup when going out, maybe once or twice a month, not every day. A little mascara and lip gloss was the extent of her expertise.

"So what is this band like?" Cal asked. The concert invitation had been last-minute and she had tried to turn it down but Jill was hard to say no to. Maybe a night of fun was what Cal needed to get her mind off losing the art gallery job.

"French-Canadian with a bit of a rock twist. They're a lot of fun." Jill shrugged. "Don't ask me why they're called the Toaster Kittens though. Tip your head up."

Jill applied false lashes to Cal's upper lids, careful to avoid poking her in the eye. They felt thick and scratchy against the top of her cheeks when she blinked. No way they would last the night.

"I hope these are worth it, they aren't very comfortable"

"Says the lady in a corset." Jill laughed. "Suck it up. I don't get to see you all dolled up often."