31 - Missed you

When Fiona opened her eyes for the first time after the accident, she saw Justin's face. His eyes were red and puffy. He had some facial hair grown up. He looked tired.

Before she could say anything, he ran away to call the doctor. Slowly, the complete picture became clear of her being in the hospital. She was informed that she had been out for almost two days because of a car accident. She also remembered her so-called talk with Anna.

She tried to sit, but Justin helped her out. Before she could say thanks to him, he shook his head, bringing a smile to her face.

Just when Fiona was going to talk to him, Em and James barged in.

"Thank God, Fi, you are okay. If anything had happened to you, I would have killed that bitch." Em told.

"Relax, Miley." James tried and calmed her down. He was stroking her back.

"Yeah!! How are you feeling now?" She sat beside her.

"Have been better." Unfortunately, her throat was still sore, and her voice was a bit hoarse.

"Who is a bitch?" Fiona asked in confusion after a few moments. Everything was still hazy for her at the moment.

"Anna. If it hadn't been for me, then she would have killed her and gone to prison for good." James explained. "And before you ask. Yes, we know the truth."

"Wait, there is a misunderstanding. Anna is not at fault. I wasn't looking properly when I was driving." She said it to them honestly.

"Don't you dare take all the blame, Fiona." Justin told her angrily.

"No, Justin. Seriously. Listen, it's not what you guys think..." Fiona tried to reason it out, but she was cut short by Em and James.

"Fiona, Justin is right. We don't need to know what Anna did. She is nothing but trouble."

Their Em and James told her everything that had happened in the previous 48 hours. Emmy almost attempted to kill Anna. However, Justin had not left her side 24 X 7. In the entire conversation, he didn't utter a single word. She also noticed that both James and Miley were holding hands, which she raised her eyebrows at.

"When did it happen?" Fiona asked with a smirk.

"What?" Em asked innocently.

She gave her a look 'don't you give me that innocent face look,' to which she pokes her tongue out.

"She just couldn't resist my charm." James said playfully, to which Em smack his head.

"Ouch." He groaned, rubbing his head where she hit him.

"Come on. We should leave and let Fi rest, and, until then, I will show you my charm."

"Take care Fi." With that, both of them left the room.

"Justin... I..." But he shuts her up by putting his index finger on her lips.

"We will talk tomorrow. No argument, Fiona. You will sleep now without uttering a single word."

Fiona wanted to talk to the three of them about her conversation with Anna, but they wouldn't let her. Well, now she has to wait till tomorrow.

Justin was having mixed feelings. He was enraged that Fiona had believed what Annabelle had told her and was now blaming herself. Sad and lost because he could have lost her.

Luckily, she was fine now. Justin wanted to talk to her, hug her, but she needed to rest. So their talks could be put on hold until tomorrow.

In the morning, the doc came and checked out Fiona. He instructed her to stay in bed for a week. He also mentioned that a fever was a possibility due to her weakness. And because of injury, there could be an immense pain in her body.

Even James and Em came early in the morning to meet her. Annabelle and Noah arrived shortly after, causing James, Emily, and Justin to jump on them, but Fiona made those three-stop.

"We are sorry, Fiona." Anna was the first one to speak.

Justin's fist was clenched, but she squeezed his hand, which made him at ease. But he couldn't understand why the hell she was listening to those two.

"Fiona, we are really sorry about everything." This time, Noah spoke.

"I wish we could go back and turn back the clock and undo everything that we did. We should have come clean to you. How much ever Noah and I want to start fresh with you, we couldn't. We don't deserve it."

"Hell yeah, you both don't." Em shouted.

"Emmy, please." Fiona said. "I wouldn't undo anything, Noah. Maybe if what you did hadn't happened, I wouldn't have been where I am now. Justin, Em, and James. I couldn't despise you both as much as I wanted to. After the accident, I realized that life was too short to hold any grudges. And it's not like you guys paid someone to kill me. This accident was partly mine and the truck driver's fault. I shouldn't have driven when my mind was filled with so many thoughts and emotions. And about starting over, I would like that. Well, the three of us couldn't go back to what we were before. But the exchange of a few words once in a while would be nice." Fiona said with a small smile on her face.

All of them were amused and stunned by her words. They expected anything but this. Fiona tried to explain it to her two friends and her husband, and reluctantly, they all agreed. With that, Anna and Noah left with a relieved look on their faces. During this conversation, Justin was again silent. This made Fiona apprehensive, but she knew that what she did was right. Justin was confused as to what had gotten into Fi. But at some point, he understood what she was trying to say, and for her happiness and peace, he agreed.

After that, Justin took Fiona home. He tucked her into the blanket. He was about to leave for her to rest, but she grabbed his hand.

"I am sorry, Justin." She croaked. Justin was as still as a stone and turned towards her. He was blank.

"Please talk to me. Your silence is killing me." A tear came out of her eyes.

He sat beside her and took her into his arms.

"You have nothing to apologize for. Yes, I am upset and angry about the whole incident. But could you blame me? I could have lost you."

"I am sorry." She said between her tears. Even Justin had tears in his eyes.

"Ok, no more crying. Promise me you will never run away from me. Promise me you would talk to me about your problem."

"I promise."

"Good" He finally kissed her.

"You know, I am glad my silence kills you as much as yours does for me." He said it playfully to lighten the mood.

She punched him in the arm.

"For being injured, you sure are strong. I missed you, Fiona. Please don't you ever leave me."

"I won't. I missed you too!!"-------------------------------

heya people,

My book is progressing and I am so grateful for it. If you have checked my profile you would have noticed that I have two works. one is of course this story and another is a poem. The poem is not that great but it's one of my pieces which I wrote when I small. plz, check that out also. Its name is 'Life or death'

Thank you so much and I promise to update soon.

-purpleorchards