32 - What if's

It had been a week, and Fiona was still lying on the bed, all thanks to her dear husband, Justin. Note her sarcasm. She was capable of walking on her own, but Justin preferred to follow the doctor's orders. She was sure that this guy had broken all the rules in his life, and now he wanted to follow them. Of course, she knows that he is looking out for her. But if you had to sit for a full day on a bed doing nothing, then you would understand why she was so damn frustrated and agitated.

"I am not coming," Justin growled. "I don't care... Cancel it, postpone it, but I am not coming." He banged the phone on the nearest table.

"What's wrong?" Fiona asked him curiously.

"Nothing major. There is a meeting which was to be held today, but I am not going."

"You should go and attend it." She told him immediately. Not that she wanted him to leave the place, but she needed her space and walked around a bit.

"Don't worry, Fi. It is taken care of. It's just a two-hour meeting. You are my major concern at the moment."

"Justin... Wait. Listen to me first. You should attend this meeting. For the past week, you have not been to the office, and I am perfectly fine. It's just a two-hour meeting, so I will be good here. And as it is, it's the afternoon, and I am planning to take a nap." She told him sincerely, trying to look innocent. This was her only chance to get Justin out of his house, and she could finally walk around her own house for a while.

"But..."

"Come on, Justin." She insisted.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, 100 percent. If it makes you feel better, I will call you if there is any problem."

"Okay, fine. It would make me feel better if you called me every 15 minutes. Why do you have to look so innocent?"

Ha-ha. Full week: He has pampered her. He claims that no one can resist her innocent appearance. She doesn't know why he thinks that. But why not use it as an advantage.

After a few minutes

"Ok! I am going. I will be back in four hours. Any problem, call me. I don't care if I am in a meeting. Take a nap. I have given you your medicines, and stay in bed."

Fiona was rolling her eyes.

"Fiona, I am serious. You better stay in bed. You need to take complete rest."

"Gosh! You are just going for a few hours, not days. And I am not going anywhere. So it's not like I am going to be dead while you are away for a few hours."

"If you repeated the dead word, I am not going." He was glaring now. Great! Though it was cute, but still.

"Okay-okay! Now go. I will be a good girl and stay in bed just like you asked me to."

"Bye, for now, take care, and call me every few minutes." He pecked her lips and rushed away.

Ha! Like she was actually going to do that. She wasn't one to rebel, but once in a time, it is okay. As it is, she was not breaking the law, just walking around a bit.

Ok! Now, what should she do? Before now, Justin was there with her when she was stuck in this bed. They played so many board and card games to keep themselves entertained, and it was so much fun. But now, she is completely alone.

She knew for sure that sleep would not come soon, so she did one thing which she never thought she would ever do. Cooking. Fiona was bored out of her mind. It's been an hour since Justin left, and she's done nothing but drift off to sleep. However, he called her about seven times to see if she was okay, which irritated her a little. It was sweet, but Justin was going overboard with this. But it was Justin, so she expected nothing less from him. But she didn't believe he was serious when he said he'd check on her every few minutes.