1. THE INTERVIEW

1. THE INTERVIEW

Alfonsi International. The massive steel and glass building sets deep intimidation in the pit of my stomach, I feels like a tiny ant trying to make my way to the top of a great mountain. With a nervous groan I smile at one of my best friends, Marisa, before stepping out of her car. Slowly I make my way inside the large glass tower. Wishing I had prepared more adequately for the interview, I clench my empty hands together behind my back. Groaning I look down at Marisa's black knee-length pencil skirt and white silk blouse, accompanied by strappy silver heels, I looks every part a secretary... The only problem being; I've never been a assistant to anyone in my short twenty-three years of life.

Marisa works in the company as well, she's the only reason the international business had even considered someone like me. My heels click softly against the marble floor and my eyes scan the surroundings, beautiful. The building is magnificent, inside and out. I head to reception where I'm greeted by a beautiful tanned raven haired beauty. The name tag informs me of the receptionists name; Amelia. "What can I do for you?" The lady questions after ending her call.

"I have an interview at nine." I clear my throat.

Amelia smiles brightly, her teeth gleaming as she stands to a impressive height... Then again everyone seems tall compared to me. The black haired woman hands me a folder and directs me towards a set of elevators, "twenty-ninth floor. I hope you get the position, good luck, Julia!" She squeezes my arm comfortingly before pressing the floor level for me as the elevator doors open.

I lean against the cool metal and sigh, closing my eyes I mumble out a curse. I don't know why I allowed Marisa to convince me to apply here instead of a smaller company. "Nervous?" A deep accented voice startles me, instantly my eyes snap open.

I look to my left and crane my neck slightly to catch a glimpse of the tall, muscular specimen next to me. Dark eyes glare down at me, his jaw tense and a strained look seemed to conform his expression. The man wore a dark expensive suit. "I have an interview in ten minutes." I mumble out, feeling like I have to answer the dominating man.

"For what position?" His voice rumbles out deep and exotic, I clench my legs together and push against the metal.

I notice the number above the doors flicker to; ten. "Secretary. Do you work here?" I question.

"You could say that." His reply is awfully vague.

Sensing the opportunity to interrogate the employee, I straighten up, "is the boss strict?" I blurt unable to even edit the sentence before spewing it out.

"Yes. Then again this company is where it is for a reason." The mans eyebrow raises, he runs a hand through his dark hair. "I wish you all the best, Miss. Julia Williams." The man nods toward me just as the metal box opens. I watch as he passes another small reception and multiple offices, finally disappearing through large glass doors. That's when something clicks, how'd he know my name?

Shrugging, I head to the front desk and inform the beautiful red head of my interview, she smiles and suggests I take a seat. Five minutes later I find myself being led to a door next to the glass one the mysterious employee from earlier had disappeared into. The red head escorts me inside.

"Please take a seat, Miss. Williams." A mid-aged blond holds her hand out towards one of the chairs opposite a dark grey glass desk. I wipe my sweaty palms against the pencil skirt currently clinging to my legs and take a seat.

The woman settles down on the chair behind the desk, "my name is Fiona Jenkins and I will be your interviewer today. I'm Mr. Alfonsi Vice President of operations and have worked for this company longer than I can remember. But, enough about me, what I really want to know is who are you Miss. Williams?"