2. COFFEE, MODELS AND HEELS

Tuesday arrived far too quickly, I nervously pull my hair up into a high pony-tail and slip into some pumps. I head out of my room and bump into Marisa who is also rushing to get dressed. Robin leisurely lounges at the bar in a large baggy shirt, I glare at her and she smirks in response. Lucky girl had the day off and instead of catching up on the manuscripts, she feels her time is best spend shovelling pancakes in her mouth.

"You ready, Mar?" I shout out.

Marisa pops her head around the hallway and holds up two fingers, "give me a couple."

"Hurry up!" I sigh and grab two pancakes off Robins plate. She follows my hand with a furious gaze, and I roll my eyes at her, "you can make more."

Robin looks at me shocked, "you guys really don't care if I stave!"

"You're not going to stave." I look down pointedly at her remaining four pancakes. Marisa had agreed on taking my car to and from work, primarily due to always being late. I grab my blazer and purse with my phone, "Marisa!" I shout out.

"Coming." She calls back.

I move to the door and wait for her; she hops her way to me while tugging on her heels. Shaking my head, I allow her out before me and then pull the door closed. We head to the elevator and then down to the under-ground parking space. I slip inside my vehicle and Marisa takes the passenger seat, instantly pulling down the mirror to fix her makeup. I begin driving and smirk while trying to ensure I turn corners sharply or hit one too many bumps, "once more and I'll burn your underwear." Marisa voice is calm yet strained.

"Fine. Calm down." I laugh and park in the employee section of the parking lot in front of Alfonsi International. "I'll meet you out front for lunch." I lock up my car as Marisa exits it and then leave her as she adjusts her clothing.

Walking inside I find myself once again gobsmacked at how enormous and mesmerising the building is. Amelia notices me and stands, she waves and beckons me over. "So you got it?"

"Sure did." I grin.

Amelia leans forward, "I heard the Vice Presidents decision was overruled by Mr. Alfonsi himself." She speaks as if she's telling me a secret, which I guess it is by her closed in posture. "You'd better head up now... he hates tardiness."

"Kay. And, thank you. Come grab lunch with Marisa and I later on?" I offer with a grateful smile. I can already tell I'm going to get along well with Amelia.

"I'd love that." She grins and then nods towards the elevators.

I wave a little before heading in the direction she'd nodded towards. Pressing the arrow pointing up I wait patiently, two men come to a stop next to me. They discuss some project and huddle over a folder. I curiously watch the interaction, they seem stressed and a bit worried. The metal doors open and I enter with the men after a woman walks out. Pressing the twenty-ninth floor I lean against the mirror and find myself hoping mystery man shows up.

The two men exit on the eighth level and I'm left in the large rectangle alone. My phone buzzes and I look down to find Robins nickname flashing across the screen, I leave the message un-read as the doors open. I great the receptionist and she leads me towards the large glass doors. Together we walk inside and I find a large opening with a frosted glass desk in the middle of the room, there is a small sofa area and against the back wall is a beverage station. The last wall is a full length window. Then I notice a second large frosted glass door, the receptionist smiles encouragingly.

With shakily legs I make my way to it and knock three times, when no one answers I turn back to look at my escort, she makes a motion with her hands that tells me to walk in. Swallowing I grab the large door handle and push it back, the glass door swings back with resistance. I step inside and it closes with a soft thumb behind me, looking up from my feet I notice a large profile gazing out the wall size window, he seems to be muttering curses through his phone.