9. Horse shit with a cherry

Be proud of who you are.

· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·

Chapter Nine

Horse shit with a cherry

· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·

"With all due respect, Miss Summers, I have no option but to decline that proposal."

"You what?"

Surely he wasn't thinking about—Well, I did say fuck me.

"Sexual interaction, Miss Summers, as a gentleman, I would never take a woman up on such an offer; in fact, those unproductive stunts are beneath me."

I wheezed as a series of coughs erupted from me. I tried patting my chest to stop them, but they just kept coming. I think I choked on air.

Air.

Like, what the fuck? How do you even choke on nothing? I don't get it. Actually, what confuses me is a man saying sex is unproductive. Was he dropped on the nogging or something? Seriously, mates, who is this guy?

"Miss Summers?"

"Y-yes?" My coughing fit began to subside, finally.

"Do you require medical aid?" Eyes as dark as the deepest ocean and dangerous as the fiery pits of hell studied my face. "Well?"

"Nope," I made sure to pop the 'p'. "I'm fine, carry on."

"Adequate," Detective Dickson Daniels gave a firm nod. "You will be joining me. Come."

I exchanged glances with the female officer, whose cheeks were, for some reason, flushed. "Where exactly are we going? Because, mate, if it's nothing to do with Rachel or her mum, then you can kindly stick me in a jail cell."

"I assure you, Miss Summers, I am not your mate, nor will I ever be. Do refrain from referring to me as that from now on." Taking several strides forward, he stopped at his office's door.

"Um, you do know I'm Australian, yeah? Therefore, I will say, mate, quite a bit." Why do I have a sudden urge to join Rachel? If I knew where she was, I'd ask her kidnapper to abduct me, too.

"Indeed?"

"Oh yes, now you didn't answer my question. Where are we going, mate?" Oh boy, this is going to be fucking fantastic! There is nothing like toying with a hot Englishman.

Ignoring me, he exited the office but not before motioning for me to follow. Before I could do so, the officer pushed past me and whispered something to the detective. "Very well, you are dismissed."

The officer seductively flicked her long, orange hair over her shoulder and gave the detective a flirtatious grin. As she left the office, she swung her hips. I couldn't help but notice the detective perving on her oversized rear end.

What happened to sexual interactions being beneath him? Well, he's a male, after all.

"Miss Summers, would you refrain from daydreaming?"

I hadn't even realised I was until he clapped his hands twice. Glancing towards him, I found him tapping his shiny gold watch. "What are we waiting for?" I smiled. "We have places to be, remember?"

Detective Dick Daniels raised a brow, and oh, my fucking, god, I nearly melted. "Come."

"Oh, yes, please," I sighed in a pleasurable way. "Make me come with pleasure, sir."