Under The Sea (Chapter 28)

Quote: "Life is like the ocean. Unpredictable. "

It was still early morning as I traveled to see my father Poseiden. Atlantis was a large underwater city, one that is filled with deep-sea creatures. There are mermen, mermaids, who are basically normal citizens, as well as some other types of sentient life forms.

My dad's palace resided in the center, but some portions were still in construction from the Titan War. Triton and Amphirite both live with dad, so they might still hate me. I don't know what their deal is.

I also wanted to ask Dad a question, he said he was loyal to Mom, but who was Jack's parents? He must have either 1. Mistook him for his son, or 2. Was disloyal.

Knowing most gods, it was option number 2, but knowing Poseiden, it could be both.

I flashed outside the city, underwater. There was a wall suurounding the whole city, made of blue stone. Mermen guards garrisoned the area, to prevent Oceanus coming back.

"Halt! State your business! " a merman shouted from atop of the wall.

I lifted my head so the guard could see my face and he paled instantly.

"S-sorry m'lord. You may enter the gates." He said nervously as the walls opened briefly and I walked past him.

"Don't worry, and just call me Percy." I replied.

The merman was shy, and nodded at my response.

I walked through the city, the houses were like houses on the surface. Most houses were colored green or blue, with the occasional brown or red. Sidewalks,  street lamps, even seaweed replaced the grass. It really was like a city. Many citizens stared at me as they swam past the son of Poseiden, savior of blah blah blah.

I walked on the ocean floor to my dad's palace, which was a large, blue castle with chisled stone to make patterns. Imagine a medieval castle, but blue.

The guards had the same exact reaction as the other guard, and quickly let me through with the occasional "m'lord".

My dad sat on is throne in the throne room, where there were 3 seats for him, Triton,  and Amphirite.  Dad's throne was blue and gold, with a trident on the side. Amphirite's was a lighter blue with rubies, and Triton's was a small, green gemmed one with a tiny crown on top.

Dad was on his throne, and when he saw me, he instantly got up and greeted me. Amphirite was on her throne, she looked at me with disgust, and Triton sat on his throne, giving me a similar look.

"Percy! My boy! What brings you to Atlantis?" He said happily. We had grown much closer after Doomsday, and the once broken bond was repaired.

"Hey dad, I came to visit you and Tyson for a while. I finished my job with the Hunters, so I was free for a while." I replied.

My dad gave a chuckle. "I see. My son has gained the trust of the Hunters and Artemis! Well, you are free to roam around the city and Tyson is in the Royal Forge in the back of the palace." He said with pride. Poseiden was now normal, after he was quite depressed for a while when I was exiled, now he was as jolly as Santa.

"Thanks Dad, how are the repairs going?" I asked.

"Unfortunately,  it will still take several decades to rebuild the rooms, and thats not even counting the game room, so its a work in process. The cyclops work extremely fast, but struggle to carve the designs with their, uh, large hands." He replied.

"Y'know, Hepheastus owes me a favor for a job I did for him, I could get him to finish the repairs by next month." I said

"Really? That sounds wonderful!" Poseiden exclaimed as I threw a drachma into an underwater fountain that was somehow spewing water underwater. Magic!