Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Stef was sitting in her car outside of the bar waiting for Mike to get there. Tonight a good portion of the other officers were inside celebrating on of the guy's retirement. Not many of the women were there, if any. Therefore she planned on staying home to try to find a reason to call Lena again, but somehow Mike convinced her to come out.

However, it's been 15 minutes and Mike still wasn't there. She wasn't too casual with any of the other officers so she was trying to stall going in alone. The only thing stopping her from leaving after receiving a text from Mike saying that it would be an additional 15 minutes was that she really wanted a drink.

She got out of the car and straightened out her clothes before heading towards the door. She was dressed in dark blue jeans and a fitted maroon shirt slightly unbuttoned at the stop with a bit of cleavage exposed. Her long blond hair was freed from its serious braid and was now straightened.

The moment she walked in she heard someone yell, "Hey Foster". She looked over to the section of the night bar were her fellow police officers were as they yelled and cheered for her to come over to the section. Granted she never really bonded with any of them and she was pretty sure most of them figured that she was gay. But when men, especially police officers are drunk they think anything with boobs is fair game; including Captain Hazelwood, who seemed to be the ring leader of the bunch. "Foster come join," the captain said looking straight at her boobs. "I'm waiting for Mike. But I'm going to the bar to catch up to you. I'll be back," she lied as she made her way to get a beer.

Once at the bar she saw a couple of the guys crowding around some woman trying to ask her out and get her number. Stef rolled her eyes at the men, but it was the woman's annoyed voice that caught her attention. There was something familiar about it yet something a bit different. Something meaner than usual.

She heard the guy making a reference to her phone already being out so she might as well take his number. Just then Stef received a text from Lena as her face beamed. But the message read, "I wish you could save me right now". She knew it as her eyes got wide and she jumped off of the bar stool. She walked around them seeing who they are, but Lena didn't notice Stef until she heard her lean on the bar beside her and began to speak. "James, Mark. How's the wives and kids?" she spoke disapprovingly. They grabbed their drinks off of the counter and started to walk off. "Always have to ruin the fun Foster".

The moment they were gone Lena turned around all smiles and jumped up to hug Stef. "Stef, thank God"! She wrapped her arms around the blonde's neck as she returned the hug after the initial shock and gently rubbed her back as they practically melted into each other. Lena had on a short flowy dress and wedged sandals, with her straight hair in a nice long ponytail.

"I barely recognized you by your voice, little Miss Meana Lena", Stef laughed as Lena took a sip of her wine. "Oh my. They were terrible". The bartender came and gave Stef her drink as she gave him her card. "You can put hers on my tab as well" Stef said gesturing towards Lena. "Oh no Stef. You don't have to do that," Lena said trying to stop her. "I want to. It's the least I can do. If you weren't here I would be stuck with those drunk fools".

Lena glanced over to where Mason and the other cops were sitting. He wasn't paying her any mind. He just needed to walk in with her to brag. Lena knew that he used her as a trophy and it drove her crazy.

"So why are you here anyway?" Stef asked jarring Lena from her thoughts. "I...uhm... know Roland. So I was invited to his retirement. Just didn't realize that it was going to be held at a bar Not really my scene". Stef could tell that Lena felt uncomfortable but she didn't want her to go just yet.