Chapter 9 - Secrets Of The Past

[NOT EDITED]

Katherine's POV

I went out of the doctor's office wearing a fake smile , leaving whatever said inside behind my back.

No one needs to know about it.

No one will know about it.

That what i'll make sure of.

It is seven months, it is all i have and I don't want to waste it mourning about what's about to happen next.

I don't care about anything anymore , not even about my own life, because my number one goal right now is my child to be safe.

I'll do anything to assure that.

Even if it meant that for my baby to have his birth certificate, i have to sign my own death one.

I am going to keep the baby anyway.

My eyes traveled to Ashton beside me thinking how my choice would affect him.

It is for his best i think.

Because I saw the look in his eyes when we were at the doctors office.. It was so rare !

He needs the baby ,he needs something good in his life.

And I can't take that away from him.

I am sure he is going to be a great father. Ashton have a really kind heart even thought he pretends otherwise.

Even when he tries to hide it, i can always see it in his eyes.

I am not saying he doesn't have a bad side too, because of course he does.

We've all got both light and dark within us.

But that doesn't matters , because what does , is the part we allow it to control us.

And he will choose the good part to act on when he is going to be around his child , i am sure of that.

I trust him.

The car stopped and i had to push all these thoughts to the back of my mind as we went down and walked toward the white door.

Ashton looked at me before ringing the bell , "I was thinking that we should tell them today that you are pregnant." He said and it looked like he was waiting for my approval first.

"Yeah sure." I said.

He nodded then rang the bell and it didn't take long till Zoe opened the door and greeted us with a big warm smile.

"Welcome Mr. And Mrs. Ryder." She said with a playful tone, then stepped closer and hugged me tightly.

I hugged her back , a smile crawled to my lips at how nice and affectionate she is.

She hugged Ashton too and i saw his grandma walking toward us , she gave me a big smile once she saw me.

"Finally , my honey bunch is here." She said grabbing Ashton's attention.