About the Author

Bob doesn't usually write about himself in the third person, but it seems appropriate to a slice of author information, so...

Bob works as an English teacher in the UAE (and if you think Brendan Earle stretches the limits of credibility, you should hear some of his stories from there). He is married to Midori and they live in the middle of the desert with their daughter Aki (who is not even trying to get off with Daniel, whatever her dad's writing might make you think).

Bob has practised Judo, Aikido, Brazilian Ju-jitsu, Tai Chi and Shotokan Karate at different times. He's been universally bad at all of them, but he can write as though he knows what he's talking about, especially if he's talking about how much it can hurt him when he does it wrong.

Bob still thinks of Brendan Earle as a Science Fiction Fairy Story. It may be the only one in the world, which could make it the best that's ever been written. (People have got into the Guinness Book Of Records on claims that aren't as credible as that).

The story is currently being continued in book two of the series, which has the working title of The Chronicles of Brendan Earle, Virus. In it everyone learns that they have been lied to, a vampire gets a real speaking part (and you want to hear his opinion of Twilight), Maldon makes a comeback and we meet the two most deadly killers in the Land – Laurel and Hardy.

In book three things will get complicated and strange. Promise.