Chapter 30- One year later

Amber's P.O.V.-

It has been a year since she found out about Evan being her father. So much has happened in that time. Evan went through a period that he just couldn't handle the news. The night Cage told him, they both had ended up getting arrested. Cage's wife had come looking for him and she had found them pounding on each other. She couldn't get them to stop so she had called the cops on them.

Amber thought it was funny now, but she hadn't understood at the time how she could do that to them. But now she understood that she just didn't have a clue what else to do. If she would have left them to it, one of them would have ended up in the hospital.

Evan had come to see her the next morning to talk to her, and asked her to keep an eye on his shop. He told her he needed to get away. That's another thing she didn't understand. She thought at the time that he didn't want her. But after talking to the guys, they had explained that Evan needed time.

That he was feeling a lot of quilt, that he needed time to deal with it. Evan would be back for her. And they had been right. Evan had been gone for six months, but he was better after he came back. He had dealt with his feelings about her and with the fact that Trish had betrayed him.

When he had came back he offered her a partnership in his shop. She had been surprised but she turned him down. He wanted to do something for her, so he bought the building that was attachment to his and he turned it into an art gallery for her. The place is now full of local artist work.

Neither of them wanted a stuff, uptight place, that wouldn't get any business due to the fact it was connected to a tattoo shop. They wanted a place that welcomed any and all. Since Amber was still not good with people, so Cages wife is running the place for her. When they graduate in nine months Jenni is planning to take over for her mom. That had been the plan all along. Amber had offered the job to Jenni first, but her parents didn't want her to take it due to the fact they wanted her to have time to due all her studying she had to do for her classes.

When Cage's wife had offered to fill in for Jenni until she had graduated, Amber had been surprised and a little leery about the idea at first, but now Amber couldn't be more grateful. She had a place to hang her art plus she had an income so she no longer had to work at the diner.

She hadn't been back to the diner since the night Nick had to carry her out of there. The guys had refused to let her go back. She had argued with them that she needed a job, but they said she had one, taking care of Evan's shop.

She felt bad that he was paying her, but Ethan had explained to her that it was Evan's honor code to pay someone that did work for him.

Ethan... Things with Ethan are a little weird. He hadn't kissed her since the night she found out about Evan being her dad. He would hold her hand, take her on rides on his bike, make her sit on his lap, and even cuddle on the couch sometimes, but that is all they did. She didn't know what happened. She knew she was innocent in this area, so she had asked Nick, but he wasn't able to help her. He didn't know what was going on in Ethan's head. Apparently Ethan wasn't talking.

She was in the back yard setting up her easel when she heard a commotion behind her. Glancing over her shoulder, she saw all four of her roommates coming out the back door, arguing again.

Sighing she went back to setting up her supplies. Whatever they were arguing about she would know soon enough. Since she moved in, they had decided that she was always the one with the deciding vote, be it the topping on the pizza they were ordering or where they wanted to go on spring break. If they couldn't all agree she had to make the choice. At first she thinks they just wanted to make her feel like she was part of them, but now it had become a habit.