01 | ((I have a stalker.))

Lacey

Everyone knows who Axel is. Especially if you are a student here at Green Valley University. He is the star of our soccer team and even though he is pretty unapproachable, he is still loved by basically everyone. Loved is used a little loose, though, because while they say they love him they really just mean they love how he plays soccer.

I've known of Axel Black since I was a little girl. I've never purposefully spoken to him, but there was one time he accidentally bumped into me at one of the high school soccer games and he politely apologized, but other than that, nothing.

I've never thought I had much in common with him. He's always been on the more privileged side of the tracks and me... well, not so much. He's been way out of my league for as long as I can remember and there have been many girls we went to school with remind me of that fact, too.

But now, the universe has put me right in his path and I am going to have to talk to him every time I go to our chemistry class, because we are chemistry partners.

I am not very excited about the fact I'll have to work with him because he is intimidating but I know he is smart, so I'm glad that won't be an issue here. His grades have always kept up with mine, but I know I am going to clam up while working.

I just know I am going to struggle with actually working with Axel watching me or talking to me. My words will get all jumbled and there's no in my mind I'm gonna say something stupid and embarrass myself. My hands are already clammy just thinking about him.

It will be too much for me. That time he apologized for bumping me at the game all I could do was stare at him like an idiot. There's no way I'll be able to have any kind of conversation with him while we are doing school work.

Earlier, when I told Elizabeth, my roommate, about my new chemistry partner you would have thought she had just won the lottery. She was jumping and screaming and all I could do was stare at her blankly. She hadn't gotten the memo that I didn't want to be his partner, apparently.

She was just like everyone else and basically worshipped him and she thought I was so lucky to have been partnered with him. I definitely was not feeling her positivity at all. I honestly felt like I was going to throw up and that feeling hasn't dissipated much.

"Stop sounding ungrateful, Lace, if I could spend all that extra time with him every week, I would be ecstatic," she told me. I know she was coming from a good place, but she just didn't understand my problem. "Think of all the extra out of class time you'll have with him to study!"

When I left for class, she was still talking about how excited for me and I completely shut my ears off from her screeching. The silence the walk to campus provided me, was welcomed and now as I walk through the halls of the Science building, I can already feel the nervousness to be around him again creeping up my neck.

When I get to the room I pause and take a deep breath before pulling the door open, I'm surprised to see no one but my teacher in the room. I glance at my phone and realize I am a bit early but I go in anyway to get settled. The professor greets me with a smile and a nod as I take my seat. Setting my journal and the spiral notebook I will use for class onto the table, I quickly grab a pen and begin jotting down small reminders of things I'd like to do later after class. I don't really write about life or anything like that in my journal, but it does help me to get all of my ideas down in one place.

Book ideas. Photo ideas. DIY ideas. Any idea I have gets jotted down in this book so I can keep up with them all seeing as I tend to forget things if I don't write them down. I spend a few minutes writing and building on past ideas before the first few students start to trickle in. Axel is the fifth or sixth person to walk in and as soon as I see his mean stare my heart rate picks up. Nerves bubbling in my stomach.