(29)A Dangerous Flame

"This whole thing was a mess. I didn't know how to deal with a messy sock-drawer, never mind a chaotic life."

A Dangerous Flame

A Dangerous Flame

The movie was finally done- and so were my nerves.

As soon as the credits began to roll, Trita stood up from the mattress and quickly went to the bathroom. Sonya stayed close to me; clearly still afraid from the movie. I tried to get up from the mattress myself, but- oops!

I forgot a large, over-grown and heavy god of death was lying on top of me.

Best. Movie. Night. Ever.

Thanatos, who was now completely pissed at me for bringing up another guy, stood up and walked to the kitchen. I quickly followed behind; telling Sonya I wanted some water. My back creaked at the sudden movement and I felt like some parts of my spine were dislocated. I hunched up my shoulders and stretched my arms around to get some feeling back into them.

As I got into the kitchen, Thanatos was standing by the island. His back against the counter and his red eyes fixed on my indifferent face. He clicked his tongue in annoyance and crossed his arms over his broad chest; "Why did you have to go and ruin a perfectly good night?"

"Good? Sexually assaulting me in front of my friends is not exactly what I consider a 'good night'."

"You definitely weren't complaining a few minutes ago." He smirked at me and I blushed thinking back at the lust-filled moan I'd accidentally let escape when he was licking my neck. I crossed my arms over my chest- copying his stance.

"Why don't you just leave? You're clearly not enjoying this..."

"Oh- I was. But then you had to go and mention some little prick..." Thanatos said menacingly as he walked towards me. I held my head high and kept my aching back straight. He began to circle me- like a lion. "...And ruin my good mood."

"I only gave you the truth. You wanted to know about my romantic past, so I told you."

Thanatos growled under his breath and I felt like a small deer who was about to be devoured by the hungry lion behind me. A hand suddenly gripped the back of my shirt and I was pulled back into his hard chest. I tried to turn around to face him, but his hands clamped around my upper arms and kept me in place. His lips were by my ear, whispering; "Fine. Have it your way."

And then he was gone.

I moved around quickly, but there was no one behind me. He was gone.

I panicked.

This is exactly what I was afraid of. Thanatos couldn't control himself when his emotions took over. I shook my head and ran my fingers through my hair. This night was supposed to be my last night with my two best friends and as usual- Thanatos made everything about himself. I put on a fake smile and walked out to the living room.