(33)My Fire, My Fury

Just want to notify  you that the last couple of chapters may contain a few more images than normal, mainly because I'm a visual person and I've added the media to spark your imagination- just to see what I see :D

BTW- this song is PERFECTION.

"He made it sound like I had a choice

"He made it sound like I had a choice."

My Fire, My Fury

My Fire, My Fury

"Welcome." Thanatos said as he extended his arms to display the massively large palace.

It took some time for me to close my mouth, but as soon as I did, a hand gripped mine and started hulling me off closer to the grand fortress. My eyes were glued to the breath-taking structure. It was more beautiful and impressive than anything my mind could've conjured up- and I was going to have the honour of living in it!

I felt a tad guilty at the profound excitement I suddenly felt. I'd promised Conrad that I would find a way to escape, or at least I'd try my best, but looking at all of this- I'm not sure I wanted to anymore...

Everything in the underworld looked like it had been built by giants (and maybe it was, what do I know?), but as soon as you got closer to the structures, small, intricate details began to appear. The palace was built from an almost luminescent stone, and small delicate Greek-styled patterns were carved into its edges and borders.

From the other side of the palace I could make out a glassy flat surface that reflected the orangey-hues of the sky. It was a large lake, and at its edge- in the far horizon- lay a sea of trees so thick that they appeared black.

We stepped onto a broad, blackened-stone bridge that ran up to the grand entrance of the fortress. The double doors stood wide open and I couldn't image them ever being able to close. They appeared far too heavy and you'd probably need at least ten three-headed dogs to try and budge it.

At the thought of Cerberus I unconsciously turned my head to glance behind me; scared an angry 2000 year-old dog might pop up just like Bloody-Mary in a mirror.

I do realise I am indeed losing my mind, but let's not dwell on that right now...

Thanatos was leading me towards the entrance with haste; which made me wonder what exactly he had planned once I was inside. My stomach made a twist. What if he was completely different inside there?