Chapter 21 ~ "You are so needy when you're ill."

A/N: I hope you love me for this ;)

Chapter 21: "You are so needy when you're ill."

Luke wasn't at school.

How did I know that? Well, for one, Randy and Leo gave me a ride to school when it was usually Luke that did so. And for another, he wasn't there at the musical meeting we were supposed to attend before lessons.

Luke not being at school always got me really worried. He usually never skipped and when he did, that meant he was extremely ill. But never, ever tell him that, because his head is too fucking big as it is.

I was so worried. I mean, I was always the one to take care of him when he got sick, but it had always been a chore before. It had never been that I actually wanted to find him. And I didn't have any bloody idea why. Oh, who am I kidding? I knew exactly why I was so upset. I missed him.

With one more frustrated sigh, I stood up in the middle of class, drawing the teacher's attention.

Everyone's eyes immediately turned to me. I remained calm, keeping my expression neutral. Mr. Grigori shot me an annoyed look. "What is it, Miss Wolfe?"

I sighed as though speaking was painful and grabbed my shoulder bag. "I need to go," I informed him. Randy's eyes widened next to me and she gestured for me to sit my ass down. I ignored her.

Mr. Grigori crossed his arms and scowled deeply. "You can't just leave the lesson in the middle of a lecture."

I shrugged. "It's your choice, but I need to say, sir, I have some girl things to take care of." I tipped my head and smiled saccharinely, earning a twittering of laughter from my classmates.

His face turned an angry red and he pointed at the door for me to get out. I just shot him a content look and sauntered out of class, the chuckles of the class making the smile on my face grow.

Luke didn't even know the shit I put up for him.

***

"What a bother," I muttered, slamming his front door shut.

"Who's home?" a raspy voice called through the house. My ears pricked up at the sound and my eyebrows knitted together as I hurried into the living room. God, he sounded so ill.

"Luke, where are you?" I asked loudly. I took the stairs two at a time and barrelled into his room without knocking.

"Danny?" he exclaimed as I appeared in his view. He looked dreadful, with a pale face and dark bags under his eyes. He was covered up in his blanket, but he was shivering, and he kept coughing.

I gave him a kind smile and knelt next to him. He stared at me as I pressed my lips against his forehead to assess his temperature. I instantly frowned. "Oh my, you've got a fever."

It was December, almost time for the Christmas holidays, but it was also the time Luke was most susceptible to getting horrid colds and the flu as well. "Shouldn't you still be in school?" he asked hoarsely.

I snorted. "What are you, my truancy officer?"

He shook his head and smiled widely at me. Even with his sick face, he was still gorgeous, and I felt my face grow warm. "You skipped lessons for lowly me, Pres?" he teased.