Chapter 23 ~ "Did that fucker just kick me?"

A/N: Early update

Chapter 23: "Did that fucker just kick me?"

I woke up to a pair of big hazel eyes right above me, staring straight down at me. "Holy son of a motherfucking bitch!" I screeched, my head jerking up and smacking into Luke's.

"Ow," he groaned. "Fuck, that hurt, beautiful."

I rubbed my forehead and grunted, untangling my legs from the blankets. "Serves you right," I grumbled. He looked sleepy, with a messy bed head, and still wore my...his jumper. At least he hadn't slept next to me, because that would've been weird.

"Are you still mad?" he questioned nervously.

I glared at him and stood up from the floor. "Yes," I replied curtly, the events from last night, or this morning, I guess, rushing to my head. "I am."

"I'm sorry, Jordan, I really am," he said, grabbing my hand before I could walk away.

"I don't give a fuck," I retorted, yanking myself out of his grip. "Just go home, Luke, seriously. Your keys are on the bed."

I walked over to my mattress and dug through the messy blankets to procure his Adventures of Gumball keychain to give him. "I'm not leaving until you forgive me for being such a moron," he replied firmly, causing me to jump at how close he was.

I raised my eyebrow as I backed away slowly. "Then that's my cue to leave."

Luke's arm shot out and he tugged me back to him. "Stay," he said.

"Don't tell me what to do, you pretentious asshole," I grumbled, yanking myself away from his grip. He woke me up in the middle of the night and worried the shit out of me. I was so pissed off, and I didn't need him trying to make me less angry.

"Come on, Jordan. I know I was an idiot, and I'm sorry. I really am. Can you please forgive me?" He looked at me with those big, expressive eyes of his and I could physically feel myself weakening.

"No," I snapped. "Leave me alone!" I turned my head so that I wouldn't have to look at him.

"What if I sing you a song?"

"The fuck will that do to help you?"

"Can you blow my whistle, baby, whistle, baby, let me know!" Luke began to sing in his throaty voice, a goofy grin growing on his face. I kept my lips in a thin line, determined to stay angry at him, but a blush was slowly climbing up my cheeks at the sound of his mesmerising voice. He took a jokingly seductive step towards me, making me move backward. "Girl, I'm gonna show you how to do it and we'll start real slow!" 

I tried to stop the smile on my face, I really did. But combined with his come-hither eyes, the way he was walking toward me, the way his voice was driving the elves in my tummy crazy, and I couldn't handle it. A shy smile bloomed on my lips as he caged me between his arms against the wall.

"You just put your lips together and you come real close," he continued to sang, telling me how sorry he was with his expressive eyes. I stared at him from under my lashes, my hands suddenly gravitating towards his shirt, gripping the warm fabric between my fingers. His hazel eyes, changing colours from brown to green, locked on mine and he pressed closer so that his lean, hard chest was resting lightly against my own. "Can you blow my whistle, baby, whistle, baby-"

"Here we go," I whispered.

He smiled softly, and leaned down, his breath mingling with my own. My heart thudded around in my chest, the close proximity making my head feel light.