Private Training Sessions

''What? He actually said that?'' Stellan said, clenching his jaw. I nodded. 

''I don't know what to do. We havent even started the games yet, and we already have the Career Pack on our back,'' I sighed. ''I'm going to bed,'' I said, getting up and shuffling my feet. I walked into my room and lay down. Tomorrow was the private training sessions with the game makers. The other two days of training was hell. The Career were always intimidating us and at one point, Manedine acctually tripped me over. I can't imagine what they're going to be like when they have a knife and are chasing us around in the arena. 

~~~~~~~

I sat in the room with Stellan, waiting for my name to be called. I was still trying to think of what I was going to do to impress these people. District elevens male tribute went in around twenty minutes ago. I tapped my foot on the floor until the entercom turned on. ''Josephine Reeds.'' I took a deep breathe and stood up. I gave Stellan a quick hug. ''Good luck,'' 

''You too,'' I smiled. I walked inside to see the game makers about ten feet above the ground on a platform. The head game maker nodded. I grabbed some throwing knives and faced my back to one of the dummies. I spun around, threw one exactly in the aim point, spun around again and threw two knives into the two dummies on either side of the one I had previously thrown a knife into. ''That will be all,'' the head gamer spoke. I nodded, set down the knives and headed towards the elevator. 

~~~~~~~~

I sat on the edge of my bed, staring at the wall. The interviews were tomorrow and the following day I would be brought into the arena to fight to the death. Haymitch had been on my back all day and Ryder and the rest of the Career pack had been on my mind all day. I bet I won't even make it through the first day. Ryder will probably hunt Stellan and I down with the first few minutes of the games. My mom will most likely have to watch me die and my new brother or sister will have to deal with never knowing their older sister. I shook my head. I wouldn't let it happen. I have to get home no matter what. But what about Stellan? I can't let him die in the arena and I would never be able to kill him. I took a deep breathe and went into the bathroom. I turned on the shower and hopped in. After getting dressed into my pajamas I wrapped my hair into a towel and went outside to get something to eat. I bumped into Haymitch the minute I walked out my door. ''C'mon, into the living room.'' He said, giving me a slight push in the right direction. 

''I know where the living room is, Haymitch,'' I laughed.

''No time to waste, the scorings are just about to start.'' 

''Oh, the scorings!'' I ran into the living room and sat down between Effie and Stellan. I really wanted to see the Careers scores. I want to see what my competition is like and how hard it will be to try and protect myself when they are chasing after me. Ceaser appeared on the screen, the light shining off of his seaweed green hair. ''Hello to Panem! Tonight is a very exciting night. We will be seeing what scores the tributes have recieved from the game makers. Each tribute had a private trainging session with the game makers and were scored and the scores will now be released. Lets start with district one. 

Ryder, with a score of eleven! Well done Ryder!'' Oh, great. Now I've got some big, muscular guy, telling me that he is gonna kill me and he has a score of eleven. This day couoldn't get any better. 

''Manedine with a score of nine. 

Lance with a score of ten. 

Marcela with a score of six.'' Thats not that bad. I'd say I'll get lower. All the other tributes got an average of about seven to nine. 

''Stellan with a score of eleven.'' I looked over at Stellan, my eyes wide. 

''Stellan you got an eleven! What did you do?'' 

''Ah, now! That's classified!'' Haymitch said, pointing a finger at me and grinning. Stellan just stared at the television. 

''An eleven...'' he mumbled. The corners of his mouth curled into a smile. ''An eleven!'' He shouted, giving me a big hug. 

''Josephine with a score of nine.'' I smiled. It wasn't that bad. I'd at least be able to take on Manedine. Stellan might be able to take on Ryder. I know he got a score of eleven, too, but Ryder is such more bigger than Stellan. Ryder has most likely been trained all his life just for these games. I felt someone tap my shoulder. I looked up. It was Haymitch. ''Yeah?'' I raised an eyebrow. 

''You know that girl, Harper Thomas? I think youself and Stellan should allie with her.''

''Oh? What score did she get?'' I raised an eyebrow. She didn't really seem that bad. She was around sixteen - the same age as Stellan and I. 

''She got a ten, like yourself.'' 

I nod. ''I'll talk to Stellan about it.'' 

''Did Stellan and youself allie?'' He arches an eyebrow. 

I nod and smile. ''What's all that nonsense about the Careers bugging you?''

I swat a hand. ''It's nothing to worry about. I'm going to bed. Night,'' I say before walking into my room and sinking into my bed. h