Prologue ❅

"Trent, hurry up honey! We're going to be late!" Ashley hollered for her son through the halls. Quickly she put her hair into a messy bun and slipped on her shoes. It was the Holiday season with Christmas just around the corner. She still had to finish her Christmas shopping for Trent and take him to see Santa. Ashley snorted. Santa, he's not even real.

            "What's so funny mom?" Trent asked as he came bouncing into the foyer. Ashley looked at him from head to toe and giggled.

            "You, sweetie." She ran a hand through his black hair. "You don't even match!" He giggled and shrugged.       

            "We're just going to see Santa. I don't think not matching puts you on the Naughty list." He joked then froze. He looked at his mother with wide eyes. "He doesn't put you on the Naughty list for not matching... does he?"

            Ashley stifled a laugh. "No, he doesn't." She looked at the time on her watch. "But, if we're late, you never know."

            Quickly, Trent put on his coat and opened the door. "Well come on mom! We can't be late!" He told her with big brown eyes. She looked at him innocently. He closed the door behind them and ran through the halls of their apartment building and to the elevator.

            When it came to Christmas, there was no joking around with Trent. And she hated that because he didn't know the real truth about his father.

*---

            "Next!" Called the "elf" marking Trent's turn to go sit on Santa's lap. Trent turned and looked at his mom.

            "I really hope I get what I ask Santa this year, it's something special." He grinned.

            "Oh yeah? And what are you going to ask for?" She bent down to his level.

            "Well, if I told you, then it won't happen." He stated matter of factly. Ashley raised her eyebrow.

            "I said, next!" The elf called again, this time much more irritated.

            Ashley rolled her eyes. "Alright, better get going." She gave Trent a slight nudge on the shoulder and he was off. Ashley stood and watched his little body squirm onto Santa's lap and lean in to whisper in his ear.

            "This year," he began. He looked and made sure his mom couldn't hear. "I want my mom to find someone who will make my mom happy again." The man in the Santa suit shifted uncomfortably. "Someone like my daddy who died two years again on Christmas. Maybe that way she'll like Christmas again."

            When he was finished Trent hopped off of his lap and ran to his mother. "Done!" He declared. They began walking out of the crowded mall when Ashley decided to ask him what he asked for.

            "Like I said, if I told you, then it wouldn't come true." He looked up at her as they walked. Her arm was slung around his shoulder, and his around her waist. "You'll just have to wait until Christmas." She smiled, and that genuine twinkle in his eyes went off like fireworks.

*---

            "Louis! Where's your father?" Niall poked his head into the door of my father's office. His elf ears looked exceptionally pointy today.

            "Remember, he had to go and play "fake" Santa for the day. He'll be back soon." Louis slumped even farther into the red plush seat. Niall opened the door wider and waltzed in along with Liam. Niall was the only short elf who worked in my father's work shop at about 4ft tall. Liam and the rest of the elves were normal height, but they still had the elf ears.

            "Fake Santa." Liam scoffed. "No one believes in Santa anymore, you know? Well, adults anyway." He sighed. Niall hit him in the chest.

            "Aye, don't say that! Louis' supposed to be Santa next year." He tried whispering but Louis over heard. He perked up.

            "Wait, what did you just say?" He sat up in his seat. Santa, he can't be. First off, he doesn't know the first thing in being Santa, and he doesn't have anyone to be Mrs. Claus.

            "Way to go Niall!" Liam shook his head. Niall shrugged sheepishly. "Sorry, Lou. Your father was going to tell you."

            "How does he expect me to be Santa next year?" Louis rubbed his forehead.

            "I don't know, but you might want to start looking for a Mrs. Claus. Without one, you can't be Santa. And you father has it set on you being Santa, and without a Santa, well, there's no Christmas." Liam shrugged.

            "Is there any good news in all of this?" Louis asked desperately. Niall perked up.

            "There is, actually!" He announced. Liam and Louis both shot their heads towards them. "Some kid asked your father for Christmas this year if he could find someone to make his mom happy again. He said his dad died on Christmas two years ago and ever since she's hated the holidays." Louis couldn't believe what he was hearing. Maybe this was his way out.

            "How are you so sure this could work?" Liam asked and crossed his arms over his chest.

            "Well, its Louis, you know he has charm that every girl looks for." Niall shrugged. Liam eyed him.

            "That the girls want, or that you want." He joked. Niall kicked him in the shins.

            "Aye! That's what you get!"

            "Stop!" Louis shouted. The both stopped immediately and looked at him. "Now, tell me. What's the mom's name?"

-------------------------

THIS WAS EDITED COMPLETELY.
I hope you all enjoyed the edited version. c: