Chapter Two ❅

ASHLEY

     "Trent, you want to watch a movie!" I called to Trent in his room. I heard his door squeak open, and his feet running down the hall. He ran up to me in the kitchen.

     "Yes, mommy." He smiled up at me.

     "Go get it ready, then." I smiled back at him, "Would you like some popcorn!" I called after him as he ran to the living room.

     "Yeah!" He yelled back in response. I opened the one of the cabinets that held the junk food. Chips, cookies, popcorn, candy, anything I could fit in here that wasn't so healthy. I grabbed a bag of popcorn, and took the wrapper off. I opened the microwave and tossed it in. I started the microwave, and watched as the popcorn popped.

     The microwave dinged, and I opened it quickly. I let the popcorn cool in the microwave as I got two bowls for Trent and I. I opened the cabinet, and got a bigger bowl for me, and a smaller one for Trent. He never finishes his. I grab the bag of popcorn and pour them into the bowls. I throw the empty bag in the trash, and grab the two bowls. I make my way into the living room where Trent is sitting on the couch watching the movie.

     "Thanks mommy." He grinned grabbing the bowl from me. I sat down on the couch beside him, and took a handful of popcorn popped some into my mouth.

      Halfway through the movie, I looked over to see Trent fast asleep with his head hung down. I sat my bowl of popcorn on the floor and got up from my spot on the couch. I snuck around the dark hallway searching for his bedroom.

     After tripping over multiple toys, which I told Trent to pick up earlier, I finally made it to his room. I grabbed a few of his blankets, his stuffed monkey he can never be seen without, and his pillow. I quietly walk out of his room, and down the dark hallway again.

     I make it back into the living room and I walk over to where Trent is fast asleep now laying down on the couch more comfortably. I grab his pillow and monkey, then I lift his head up ever so slightly so I can squeeze his pillow behind his head. I set his head down on his pillow, and put his monkey beside him which he quickly grabs ahold of and cuddles with it.

     I turn back around and grab his blanket. I unfold them all and cover Trent up with them. I tuck him in to make sure he's warm and safe before grabbing the remote and turning the TV off, leaving the ticking of the clock being the only thing in the house to be heard.

     Now that it's complete darkness I stumble my way to the other couch, so I myself can sleep. I plop down on the couch, and stare into space. As I'm dozing off, I remember I was supposed to go on a date with Harry. I curse at myself, but I don't hate myself for it, because he would have called me if he really wanted to go on a date.

     I sigh to myself before laying down on the couch, and grabbing a blanket to cover myself up with. I silently listen to the ticking of the clock before finally going to sleep.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

     "Ashley?" I hear a faint distant voice call my name.

     "Ash? Ash!" The voice booms, and I sit upright on the couch. The light pours into the living room from the windows. "Ow," I rub my eyes and adjust them to the light. When they're finally adjusted I see Harry in front of me.

     "Harry? How the hell did you get into here?" I looked over on the other couch to see Trent still fast asleep. I look back at Harry who smiles at me.

     "I made a key when we started dating. I thought I told you?" He looks innocently at me. He made a fucking key? And never even told me! Who the hell does he think he is?

     "Um, no, you never told me, and quite frankly, I don't like you having a key to my apartment." I snap.

     He clenched his and jaw and said through gritted teeth, "If it wasn't for my money, you wouldn't even have this apartment! Hell, I don't you would even have a job."

     He didn't even have time to comprehend what I was doing until I was off of the couch and my hand made contact with his face. "Get out. Now!" I pointed towards the door, and without another word he left.

     I looked over to make sure Trent wasn't awake, and sure enough he wasn't. I sat back down on the couch and quietly cried to myself. How could Harry do something like that? I thought he was somewhat decent. I wasted my time with yet, another ma who probably didn't love me. I just wish Zayn was here with me, so he could hold me, tell me what to do, and help me through everything..

---------------------------

Hi.
So, this was a chapter that was half written, and I know what you're saying. Half? Yes half, and I know it's short, but like I said, I'm struggling with this story. SO, would you guys PLEASE recommend something down below in the comments? <3
Hope you enjoyed.

-Peyt