Chapter 16.

At the ring of the doorbell Sebastian made his way to the hall, while Mey-Rin paused in her cleaning.

"Who is it Sebastian?"

She said, and he raised a gloved hand.

"Likely Miss Nina Hopkins."

He replied before opening the door. Sure enough the fashion obsessed tailoress was stood on the doorstep, her usual flamboyant outfit making a statement as always.

"Ah, bonjour!"

She said with a wink, stepping through as the butler stood aside.

"Welcome Miss. We have been expecting you."

He said with a bow, and as the woman spotted the maid by the stairs her smile only widened.

"Ah, Mey-Rin! Ca va? I've missed you."

"Ooh Miss Nina! It's been a long time since we saw you last, yes it has."

The bespectacled girl replied, smiling at her.

"If you will excuse me, I shall fetch my master from his study."

The demon bowed again and left the two to converse, heading up the stairs to call the Earl.

"My Lord, Miss Hopkins has arrived to take the measurements for your new suit."

He said after knocking, and he heard the blatantly audible sigh.

"Very well. Come in."

His butler stepped though into the study and walked over to the desk.

"Master... I know you find this tiresome so I will attempt to keep this short. But please at least try and act as if you are remotely interested."

He murmured, leaning down a little.

"I know... If she starts going on about nude measurements again I swear I'll throw her out."

He muttered, unconsciously pressing his elbow against his side. Sebastian knew exactly what he was afraid of her seeing.

"My Lord, there is no need to concern yourself. When I telephoned I made it explicitly clear that you would not be removing your shirt. That I can promise you."

Ciel looked up and stared at him with one azure eye, his gratitude unspoken.

"Very well. I can't keep her waiting much longer."

He stood and left the room immediately, making his way down to the hall to greet the tailoress.

*****

"Oh, come Lord Phantomhive! I cannot get any kind of accurate measurements with you in such a thick jacket."

At this point she tried to remove his coat, but with a single look from the butler she paused and allowed him to take care of it. Soon enough Ciel was in nothing but his shorts, shoes, socks and his shirt. The rest of his clothes lay neatly folded on a chair.

"Honestly, I can't understand it."

She said, rummaging around in a bag before pulling out a tape measure.

"Your concern about nude measurements astounds me, Earl. It really isn't that much of a problem, is it?"

She proceeded to take measurements for his suit, noting them down as she went.

"That is of little consequence. And besides, haven't you already got all of my measurements from the last time?"

He replied as she finished and began to take a few extra notes.

"You're right there. You haven't grown even a fraction of an inch since I was last here. You really need to get taller."

Replied the tailoress with a smile, raising one eyebrow.

"Right! Onto the materials!"

*****

The afternoon passed in conflict, both Sebastian and Ciel protesting against various obnoxious colours and styles until at last the two parties came to an agreement.

"Very well... I'll return with your new outfit in a few days. I look forwards to seeing you in it!"

She waved enthusiastically before stepping into the carriage, and as it drove away the Earl made his way back inside.

"I'm glad that's over... Sebastian, I'd like some tea. Bring it to my study please."

He said, heading straight up the stairs. Ciel's use of the word please had brought a smile to the butler's face as he bowed.

"Yes, My Lord."

*****

Later into the evening once dinner was over, the Earl called his butler to the drawing room. He had finished his paperwork and was extremely bored, so he sat on the settee shuffling a deck of playing cards.

"You called, My Lord?"

He said as he stepped through the door.

"I'm bored. Are you busy, Sebastian?"

The butler's brow furrowed into a light frown.

"Not especially, Master. I was simply overseeing the preparations for breakfast tomorrow."

He replied, and the boy nodded.

"If you'd like we can sit and play a game of cards. Will Old Maid do?"

He splayed the deck and held up the cards, patting the seat beside him in front of the table.
With a slight nod the demon sat down beside his master, smiling a little as he laid the queen on the table. He split the deck in two, keeping half for himself and giving half to his butler.

"May I ask why you've taken to playing cards with me, Master? Is something troubling you?"

Said Sebastian, removing the pairs from his hand as Ciel did the same.

"No. I was just bored, that's all."

Replied the Earl, offering the butler his hand as his face flushed a light pink. The demon chuckled and took a single card.

"Ah. Were you just looking for an excuse to spend a little time in my company?"

He teased, smirking as the boy's blush darkened. He declined to reply so the butler dropped the subject, just happy to be able to enjoy a little quality time with his master for once.

The pair continued their game until it was dark outside and the moon's leading edge had begun to creep over the horizon. Ciel sighed and stifle a yawn as he dropped his final pair on top of the deck, leaving Sebastian with his cards.

"I win. Now I'm going to sleep."

He said, yawning again as Sebastian smiled and put the cards away.

"You did indeed win, My Lord. Come, I will prepare you for bed."

He replied as the Earl stood and stretched.

"Oh, Sebastian?"

The boy paused to look at him as the demon turned his head.

"If you want, from now on... You can call me by my name if we are alone."

Sebastian looked at his master, surprised by the gesture.

"Very well... Ciel."

The sound of that silken voice saying his name sent a shiver down the Earl's spine. He blushed and walked over to his butler, immediately planting a solid and passionate kiss on his lips. Sebastian responded with just as much affection, pulling Ciel down onto his lap. As the demon broke the contact briefly his master embraced him.

"I love you, Sebastian Michaelis."

"And I love you, Ciel Phantomhive."

Their lips met once more before, without warning, Sebastian scooped the boy up in his arms and proceeded to carry him to his bedroom. For once Ciel offered no resistance and simply wrapped his arms around the demon's neck, resting his head on his shoulder.