Part 1/5

Part 1/5

The sound of fire licking away the old ware house played like a soundtrack in the middle of the night of Ireland's winter. Agent Horan sat on the dirt as he pulls out his favorite Ray Bans from the pocket of his blazer that lost its right sleeve, and place it on the bridge of his nose to cover his black eye from the close combat he just had. He noticed that his partner has yet to make an appearance, but he knows that he got out safely before the explosion happened. Stretching both of his legs on the dusty ground, he examine a huge gash on his left thigh that was oozing crimson liquid. He managed to dodge the blind bullet just by a few centimeters, causing the bullet to scrape his thigh. He could faintly hear the sounds of cars and ambulance approaching the scene causing him to let out a grateful sigh. He needed a warm bath in his jacuzzi, a deep long bath. He threw his head back, and saw how the stars glittered the nights' sky. Even the stars are not alone, he chuckled to himself. It was that time of the year again where, the Christmas is just around the corner and he would take up cases for his colleague that wants to celebrate Christmas with their families and loved one. He didn't mind though; kicking peoples' asses and shoving bullets in their head is much better than celebrating Christmas. Much much better.

“Have you quite finished yet?” A slightly high-pitched spoke beside him. Startled, he swiftly turned to the side where his partner was sitting, staring up the sky. “What are we looking at exactly?”

“Nothing, Tomlinson. Just nothing,” he mumbled. The dam he created was somehow leaking the memories he's been trapping. He immediately applied unnecessary pressure on his wound in order to block those memory from coursing through his veins. He thought that his action went by unnoticed by his partner, but Agent Louis Tomlinson knew that his partner would use pain to counter any of his forbidden memory that came to his mind. He would hit the gym all of the sudden, run on the treadmill till his ankle sprained in the middle if the night or even let it out on the punching bag till his knuckles were bleeding.

It's not that he didn't want to help; it's just the fact that his partner likes to shut people out and refuse to let anyone in is the main problem. He cuts all connection with his family and keep a safe distant from his friends at works. Louis is lucky enough to be able to persuade (more like force) him to celebrate Christmas and Thanksgiving with him and his boyfriend, Zayn. Most people would known his partner as a ruthless, emotionless, and all-work-and-no-play kind of guy, but if they get to know the real him, the person he is before it happened, they would've fallen for his wits and charms.

If only it didn't happen.

“Yo Horan!” His partner hollered, jolting him from his own thoughts. “Medics here!”

Without replying to his over-excited partner, he got up brushed off the dust from his pants and limped towards the medic van, where the Medics were already tending to Niall's wound. Niall had saved his life, again, by putting himself in danger, again. Sometimes, Louis thinks that Niall purposely put himself in danger so that he can one step closer to death. He was too much of a chicken to commit suicide, Louis knows that much.

“So, crash at my place tonight?” Louis asked as he watched the Medics from the Agency cleans and sew up the huge gash on his left thigh.

“Sure,” Niall replied as he stared at the wound being sewn up like it was nothing. “You're 25 already, fucking old. Fucking get married already yeah? Zayn's bum is getting sore from waiting,”

“Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny Horan,” Louis mocked. Well at least he didn't lose all of his cheekiness.

“I think that I'll take up the case Lavigne offered me,” Niall announced, staring blankly at the cornfield.