Part 2/5

Part 2/5

“So,”

“So....,” Harry stood awkwardly. He faced this situation countless of times before, but this time is a tad weird because he's standing with nothing but a pair of white Calvin Klien boxers that was slightly damp around the waist band due to his sweat from playing basketball. Oh how he wished that Max could have picked another time to ask him this. It's not fair that he was half naked whilst Max was still in his soccer jersey. It was a really biased situation, to Harry that is.

“What do you say?” Max bit his bottom lips nervously.

“I-I'm sorry Max,” Once the three words left his mouth, he could practically hear Max letting out a sigh of disappointment. “But I can't,”

“What's the reason this time?” He asks, his tone laced with slight annoyance.

“I-I-I've already got a date,” Shit, why am I stuttering? Harry mentally curses himself, but still kept a small smile on his face.

“Oh,” Max raise an eyebrow, hearing the reason for the first time. The usual bullshit-reasons he got were 'had to clean the gutter', 'mowing the lawn', 'mowing the neighbor’s lawn,'volunteer at the hospital' and other lies, but this is the first time that Harry tells him that he already has a date. “Whose the lucky lad?”

“Taylor,” Harry replies using the first name that pops out of his head. Sorry Tay, you have a catchy unisex name.

“Swift?”

“Lautner,” Harry replied with a bigger smile “Gay..... remember?”

“Right, that made more sense. But isn't he straight?” Max asked incredulously.

“I think he plays for both teams,” Harry replied casually.

“Huh,.. o-okay then, I'll...I'll see you around?” Max fidgeted, ready to punch the nearest thing.

“Yeah, sorry mate,” Harry flashed him a small sympathetic smile.

“No, i-it's fine,” Max flashed me a forced smile and walks away.

This is the eighth time that the captain of the soccer team, Max Irons, a.k.a the school's heart-throb asked me out on a date for the ninth time. It started right after he come out in front of the school as gay, and the next day he asked me out. It's not that he's not handsome with his dreamy eyes, chiseled jaw, messy brown hair and a body that every gay-being worships and he's also a perfect gentlemen, but I can't see us as a couple no matter how much he wants us to be. I don't feel any.....excitement whenever he's around me. In fact, I could hardly feel anything around him except for guilty for turning him down.

Letting out a huge sigh, I turned back to my locker to grab a fresh set of towels. I wrap the larger white towel of the two in my hands and carefully wraps it around my waist before carefully removing my smelly boxers.