Chapter 18

The battle had died down, all of Stone's crew and himself had been captured and were sitting in the cells of the navy ship. Stone rested in the corner of the cell with his hat covering his face as he replayed everything Bethany had said to him and how upset she was, it killed him inside.

"Captain?" Stone rose his head facing Chuck who had a bit of old cloth wrapped around his forehead.

"Ye lookin a bit down"

"What? No I be having a wonderful time" Stone said sarcastically lowering his back over his face. Chuck had a frown on his face, as much as Stone was trying to hide it but he was really upset and desperately missing Bethany.

"I be thinking that little lass is sittin there missin Ye as much as Yer missin her" Chuck stated sitting next to Stone crossing his arms. Stone turned his head looking at Chuck with a small grin, he knew all Chuck was trying to do is make him feel better but it wasn't doing much of a good job about.

"No she's been waiting to be taken away for a while now"

"Oh yes absolutely filled with joy, probably was waiting to get what she wanted before leaving"

"I feel so violated" the two laughed a little before reverting back to that depressing silence.

"But I be serious when I say captain.... It been an honour being part of Ye crew" Chuck said looking down at his hands that were sitting in his lap.

"Now Chuck don't be goin all soft on me will ya" Stone said giving him a little nudge.

Meanwhile below the deck where the cabin were set, Bethany laid on the small bed as the tears run down her cheek, Tinana had a small bowl of warm water and a cloth all set before bringing it to Bethany.

"Here Beth, let's get you cleaned up" she said as Bethany slowly raised herself from the pillow while whining her face. Tinana couldn't understand why Bethany was so sad, she was safe now, rescued from that awful pirate she could go back home unharmed.

"Here let me" Tinana said taking the cloth wiping it across Bethany's face as if she was a child. Tinana continued wiping the cloth down her face to her neck where she soon spotted what seemed to be a mark.

"What's this?" She asked gently touching it, Bethany seemed to jump a little when Tinana touched the mark, it reminded her of that night. Bethany quickly pulled her shirt over the mark trying to hide it.

"It is nothing" she explained.

"Well alright then.... Oh I can't wait to get back home, back to the inn..." Tinana paused she could see a small tear escape her eye.

"Aren't you excited to go back?'

"Hm? Oh yeah, overjoyed" Bethany answered with a depressing sigh, back home she thought the inn the place her mother raised her and the place she first met... Her thoughts stopped, it was heart breaking to think of never seeing Stone again it made her start to cry once again.

"Beth are you okay?" Tinana asked noticing the tears rush down her cheeks.

"I ... I just miss him" Bethany explained sniffing and rubbing her eyes, Tinana was confused she misses the guy that kidnapped her? She thought while rubbing her friend on the back for comfort. After a while of tears Tinana whiled Bethany's face once again.

"Hey Beth, come with me" Tinana said taking her hand and leading her to the door of the cabin, she slowly opened it making sure there was no one around, luckily there wasn't, then lead Bethany to the other side of the ship where the cells are.

"Tinana what are we doing?" Bethany asked. The two made their way down to the cellers, the man on guard was sleeping so it was easy for Bethany and Tinana to sneak past. They walked in looking around at the cells filled with depressing, hungry looking faces, then there Bethany court the glimpse of Stone sitting in the corner of the cell, it brought back the memory of her sneaking food for him back on the island.

"Stone!" She cheered happily quickly running to his cell crouching in front of the cell bars. Stone rose his head staring eye to eye with Bethany.

"Bethany?" He couldn't believe his own eyes, was she really standing right here, right now.

"It's me"

"Bethany!" His heart almost bursted out of his chest, he stood up walking to the cell bars. Stone's hands wrapped around hers as they stared at each other with the biggest smile on their faces.

"What are you doing here?"

"I had to see you again" those very words light up Stone, he suddenly crashed his lips onto hers. His lips were ruff but she was too deep into the kiss to care, they separated going back to staring at each other.

"I'm going to miss kissing those pretty plump lips" Stone stated reaching his hands out cupping her face gently.

"Why are you talking like that, your not giving up are you?"

"I'm kinda in a passion where I don't have a choice lass"

"You escaped once you can do it again" Bethany said already starting to cry, Stone snickered a little wiping the tear off her eye.

"I can't let you die, I want to be with you"

"I wanna be with you too lass"

"Beth we have to go" Tinana whispered/shouted watching as the guard was slowly about to wake up.

"Where are the keys I let you out!"

"Bethany we have to get out of here now!" Tinana grabbed Bethany's arm pulling her away from the cell bars, Stone reached out his hand trying to grab her but she was already half way out of the cell area.