Elektra

Elektra pushed Carmen out of the way.

“Who’s in charge here?” No-one answered.

“Are you deaf or something? I said who’s in charge?” One by one they turned to look at Liam, standing by the pool table with Frank and Tiffany.

Elektra stormed towards him, and pushed him roughly straight over, across the table and down in a heap on the floor.

“HEY!” yelled Tiffany, as Frank picked Liam up. “What the hell do you think you’re doing?!” She squared up to Elektra, her eyes daggers.

“Leave it Tiff, it’s not worth it.” Liam said, grabbing her hand.

“Come on then!” Elektra said, staring Liam in the eye. “Fight me, if you’ve got so much power.”

“Not going to fight you, you nutter. What do you take me for?”

Elektra scowled and stormed from the room, deadly silence echoed in her wake.

“Why did you all look at me?” Liam said, glaring at the others. “You fight your own battles; I’m not fighting them for you. Come on.” The three of them left, and it took a few minutes for normality to restore itself.

“I now declare Liam’s secret den, open!”  Liam said, placing the final cushion with a flourish.

“Eh, Frank and Liam’s secret den.” Frank said, indignantly.

“Alright then…”

Tiffany coughed from the sofa.

“Look, we can argue about the name later, alright?” Liam said.

“Okay then.” Tiffany said laughing, throwing pillows at her friends as she did so. “Shall I go and get the others then?”

“No.” Liam said, “This is just for us, they can make their own den.”

“But, but they’re our friends.” Frank said, confused.

“They’re not my friends, I just happen to live with them.”

“They’re practically family.” Frank said fiercely.

“What? Elektra’s our family too, yeah?” Liam said glaring at his friend.

“Yeah,” Frank said, just as Tiffany replied, “No.” Frank shook his head.

“You know what? Just forget it.” He turned and left, slamming the door as he did so. He didn’t notice Elektra hovering inside the door, listening to every word, a sly smile sneaking onto her face. She had found a way in, a way to get this happy ‘family’ to do her bidding; all she needed was a little cooperation.

It was lunch. It was clear that Elektra had made quite an impression on the younger population of Elm Tree house, both Carmen and Tee were gossiping happily with her, and a slightly red faced Toby sat close by. Frank was near the head of the table, between Harry and Johnny, making sure that there was no spare seat beside him.

Liam walked in, barely glancing at Frank as he made for a seat at the opposite end of the table, beside Sapphire.

“Where have you been?” Gina asked him, passing bread rolls out to each of them.

“Nowhere.” Liam said, glaring at his soup.

“Where’s Tiffany, Frank?” Gina said as she passed his end of the table.

“Why should I know?”

“Well, I just assumed…” Gina said, looking at the pair of them before shrugging it off as teenage rebelling.