2.9/3

161225

dear tae eun,

first of all, i guess i have to apologize for always reading your letters but never writing one in reply. so here it is — my first and last letter to you.

can i talk about how happy i was when i received my first ever fanletter? to know that someone appreciates my efforts and that i'm actually an inspiration? i was happy ; over the moon, in fact. 

then i found out — you are tae eun. the tae eun who chose to give up on us because i chose the route of an idol. we both knew it was a route where a relationship would be dangerous, and the silly you decided to leave without telling me why. years later, when i became more matured, i finally understood. 

when you were back again, i thought i could hold you close forever. i thought i had another chance. but with all these schedules, i failed to even meet you on time. and we both know that that wouldn't be the only occasion where i'm late. or failing to turn up, even.

but i just want to say that i have never given up on us. i still am re-reading the letters every night before i sleep. maybe we aren't meant to be, maybe we were played by fate.

also, thank you — thank you for loving me unconditionally. thank you for wishing for me to blossom into a fine young man. i will definitely continue to work hard, so don't you worry, silly.

but it's time to make a wish for yourself, tae eun. 

sincerely,
jeongguk