Dance! Dance. ...Dance?

(my chapter titles are really dumb I'll warn you right now)
Nagisa blinked lazily at the scenery before him. The lights in the school gymnasium were dim, with the exception of a slowly spinning disco ball casting pinkish rays on the wooden floor. Most of the kids were on the dance floor, twirling and jumping in time to the beats coming from the overhead speakers. The bluenette scanned the dance floor for any sight of his friends, but the only person he could spot was Kayano, who had thrown herself into a circle of other giggling girls. The small teen sighed and ambled over to a line of chairs of one of the walls, resigning himself to watching the action play out. The only reason he was there was because people tended to ask questions if you didn't attend any of the school's social events. Well, that and a small hope... no, he told himself. It's not going to happen. Stop thinking about it.

The twin-tailed boy rested his head on his arm, in a state of boredom. He'd go find Sugino once everyone calmed down a bit. Suddenly, he felt someone's presence beside him. He looked up and immediately froze, shocked.

"You look like you're having a ball."

Karma Akabane was sitting right next to him.

Nagisa had been rather good friends with the redheaded boy a few years back. They had gotten along well; Although Karma was a bit of a rebel, he was a loyal companion. They most likely would have remained close if the bluenette hadn't realized that he wanted to be a bit more than friends with Akabane. Impossibly embarrassed about his crush, he had slowly backed away from the ginger until they rarely ever talked. But Karma was infamous for almost never showing up to dances or sporting events, so the smaller boy had thought he was safe from the flustered feeling that overcame him every time he looked into those dazzling mercury eyes. But fate had never been particularly kind to the blue-haired teen.

"Want a drink?" The taller boy proffered, extending a polo cup to the other. After a moment of stunned silence, Nagisa stuttered out, "U-um, y-yeah," taking the cup nervously. He's acting like I never even stopped talking to him- what is this?

"What are you doing here?" The bluenette blurted out, unable to contain his surprise.

"Actually, I came to see if I could find you-" Karma smirked. "Looks like I succeeded."

"M-m-e?" The twin-tailed boy spluttered, practically shouting. He felt his cheeks heating up madly.

Smooth move. Way to hide your emotions there.

"Are you that surprised?" The ginger laughed. "Yeah, you. And since you don't look particularly busy-" The taller boy extended his hand, eyes shining mischievously. "Mind if I take you away for a little bit."

Nagisa's heart felt like a caged animal trying desperatley to escape the prison that was his chest as he slowly placed his hand in Karma's, and let himself be whisked away by that sly creature that captivated him so.

⚫️〰⚫️〰⚫️〰⚫️〰⚫️〰⚫️〰⚫️〰⚫️〰⚫️〰⚫️〰⚫️〰⚫️〰⚫️
After a half hour of hurried walking, The two teens reached a shabby building on the edge of town that was filled to the bursting point with loud music and hormones.

"Are you sure we didn't just go in a circle?" Nagisa couldn't help but ask, and he felt a warmth spread through him at Karma's bubbly laugh.

"No, but I didn't come here to dance anyway." The redhead flashed his trademark grin at the smaller boy, who felt his heart flutter in reply. The taller teen grabbed his frend's hand and excitedly pulled him through a crowd of people to the beginning of a flight of stairs. Together they climbed until they reached the roof of the building. 

"It's beautiful," Nagisa whispered to himself as he gazed at the outline of the city. Lights blinked in and out of buildings, and the stars twinkled overhead.

"Yeah, that's why I wanted to bring you up here," Karma admitted, sitting and patting the ground next to him. Nagisa cautiously sat next to him and crossed his legs."So...Why did you want to take me out here? What was the point?"

"I wanted to talk to you," The ginger stated.

"About what?"

"Us."

Nagisa felt himself go red. "W-what?" Karma looked over at the twin-tailed boy, his eyes exposing a bit of sadness.

"...I miss when we hung out. Why'd you stop talking to me?"

Those words brought everything rushing back, and the bluenette felt all the emotions of the past months crash over him like a tidal wave- the helplessness, the sadness, the pain. He quickly turned away from the taller boy, feeling like he might cry.

"Nagisa!" the smaller boy felt a hand on his shoulder. "What's wrong?Are you mad at me or something?"

"N-no! I just- I, it's like-" He couldn't bring himself to say the words. Karma swung Nagisa around to face him and stared into him, dead serious.

"Please tell me why you're doing this. I don't understand and I don't want things to be like this." The ginger leaned in closer and the bluenette's breath hitched.

"I can't... You'll hate me," The smaller boy whispered under his breath, too scared and embarrassed to look his crush in the eye. Karma's stern glare softened to a look of melancholy.

"Nagisa...I could never hate you," he breathed. The redhead turned the twin-tailed boy's face to his own and gently pressed their lips together.

A mass of raw emotion exploded in Nagisa's chest and made his head buzz. The feelings of Karma's lips on his had his stomach doing flips, yet it only made him crave more, and without thinking, he closed his eyes and hungrily kissed back. The other teen responded with equal enthusiasm, and soon what had been a simple, chaste kiss had turned into a passionate battle for dominance, both boys entirely lost in each other. Finally, Nagisa found the strength to pull away, and he uttered the first of many questions on his mind: "You're gay?"

Karma laughed happily. "No, I just thought you were a girl." That remark earned him a harsh shove. The taller boy chuckled again. "This is the Nagisa I know: Sweet, but never afraid to protest when he thinks something's wrong." Pulling the bluenette close to his chest and wrapping his arms around him, he sighed. "This is the Nagisa I love."

Hearing that word sent tears welling up in the smaller boy's eyes again, but this time they were happy tears. He grasped his newly-acquainted lover tightly and whispered, "I love you, too."

And they spent the rest of the evening in each other's embrace, holding on to the start of something beautiful.

Author's Note:

*wipes tears and inhales softly*

"...I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing."

So, my first Karugisa fic (It may be the last if there's no support, however)! Honestly, though, I feel like I wrote them SO OOC. I haven't actually finished the show yet, so I just did an AU where Class E-3 isn't a thing and went off what I knew, and bOY DID THAT WELL-this is just USUK with different names and appearances aaAAAAA

...
*ahem*

Well, I tried my best. Haven't been taking a lot of time to write lately because I'm acquainting myself with some new online communities, and also I'm vERY lazy. If you've never read any of my fanfics before, allow me to introduce myself! I'm VacantCanadian, and I am yaoi trash! Fml! Hope you enjoyed reading my garbage ;w; Make sure to leave a kudos or a nice comment if you'd like me to continue writing Karugisa/Karmagisa/wHATEVER YOU CALL IT oneshots, or leave a suggestion! ilysm!

Signing Off,

@VacantCanadian