Chapter 3

"Yes." The twins said in sync with each other. All three looked over at me.

"Yes.."

"So here's what needs to be done. You need to go into the city and complete a deal for me. We invented this new drug called "Flash." It's going to be handed out to the minor sellers and dealers within the next few months." He slid a bag over to us. It contained a small purple pill.

"It looks like something I'd take if I had a headache." Liam said, analyzing it.

"Don't let it's appearance fool you, it's dangerous. It's like a mixture of several dangerous drugs, with an addictiveness that could kill."

Liam set it down.

"You three need to deliver and collect. You give them the fifty pounds of Flash in here, and they'll drop off the money they make within the next couple weeks. You three should receive a down payment from them. Don't give them the drugs until they do. Got it?"

"Um, I'm sorry, you three?" Nova asked.

"Yes, bring Will along. Give him a gun."

Liam laughed.

"Is there an issue here?" My father raised his eyebrow at Liam.

"It's just.. Well.. I don't like guns." My lip quivered.

"Fine. Your choice. I warned you. Go, they are meeting you at Navy Pier at midnight."

They loaded their guns and shoved them deep in their pockets, along with a knife.

"You aren't even going to take a knife?" 

My hands hovered over the table of weapons. I grabbed a small knife and shoved it deep into my jean pocket. Nova rolled her eyes.

"I was supposed to see Minga tonight." Liam frowned.

"Oh boohoo. I'm sure you'll see her tomorrow night."  Snapped Nova.

"You're right. Let's go. Will, you ready?" He instantly regretted his previous wining.

I zipped up my black hoodie and followed them. Liam threw the fifty pound duffle bag in my arms, practically giving my back out.

Liam and Minga have been on and off for almost a year, since they met in a club. She was going to law school to become a lawyer. In some ways, similar to my mother and father, Minga was too good for Liam.

Nova was all work and no play from what I could always tell. She never dated anyone I knew about. She clearly could if she wanted to, but her relationship with work was all she needed.

As for me? My love life was non-existent. I would get so nervous talking to a girl. I was always quiet around them. I didn't have Liam's charisma or looks. I was different than the others.

I was also the only child with dark hair, the rest of my siblings were light blond. It was because I apparently looked like my grandmother on my mom's side.

We arrived a half an hour later at Navy Pier. We parked a block away and walked to the parking garage, which was closed. Carefully, with our hoods down, we walked in. They shot the cameras.
I jumped.

"Really, Will." Nova put down her hot gun.

"Be quiet! Do you know how high the security is?"

"Doesn't seem to be anyone here, does it? Dumb ass." He whispered and gave me a gentle shove.

We continued through outside. The Farris wheel flashed brightly with green, blue, and red lights.

I personally never cared for Farris wheels, but it was nice to look at.