Chapter 20

<Clarke's POV>

"Now, tell me everything you know about this William." My father sat at the head of the table, his workers were filling in the rest of the empty seats. On the other side heading the table across from my father was Mr.Rossi himself. His son next to him.

Michelle flipped through the files and paper she had in front of her.

"His full name is William Samuel Merlin. He's seventeen."

Samuel? That didn't fit as his middle name. It didn't flow.

Focus. I reminded myself. Focus, Clarke.

Michelle was still rambling off facts.
"His birthday is January fourth."

"Don't give me facts, Michelle. Give me stuff that matters. Can we use him for ransom or not?"

"Yes. I believe we can. Trained or not, he's still Frank's son."

"Why don't we capture the other two? Huh? They almost killed me!" Toni exclaimed.

Toni seemed whiney and childish despite the fact that he was older than me. I didn't like that.

"Toni, be quiet." His father muttered.

"We've also discovered that Frank flew his youngest son and wife out of the country for their protection." She professionally folded her hands over the files.

"We're currently attempting to track their location if you need a bit... More leverage over Frank. A bit more.. persuasion."

"Why don't you take Liam and Nova?" Toni pouted.

"You may not realize this, Toni, but I had people planning Liam's kidnap for months! Months! And they fucked it up! Not easy catching a skilled criminal. It takes time, preparation. We don't got that kind of time." My father screamed, spit flying out of his mouth.

"But they could be helping Frank." Rossi spoke up.

"Don't you think I know that? That's why I sent them a little... House warming gift." He laughed.

"You burned their home?" Glaccki rested his palms on his expensive cane.

"Damn right, I did! And Frank will know exactly who it was.." He cackled again.

"How do you know where he is?" Rossi folded his hands on the table.

"I'll have someone leave it in the wreckage, he's bound to go back. He has thirty hours. He better meet us with the money or his son is deader than a door nail."

Glaccki examined down the table at me.

"Haven't said much, Clarke."

"What do you want me to say? I think my father has executed a well, thought out plan that doesn't need my questioning."

"Tell us then, have you retrieved any information from him that could redeem as useful?"

"No. He may not have any training, but he's tougher than he looks." I chose my words carefully as my father studied my every word.