Chapter 36

This is the last chapter of this book :) 

**********************************************************************************

The sun set about three hours ago in New York City. Darkness has covered the whole city making it feel eerie which was opposite of what I am supposed to feel. I was supposed to feel happy and joyful that I would meet my brother and I was. I was happy that I could finally see and touch someone that I know is someone I can call mine. 

Mike lead us to an old worn out looking shed a few miles away from the city. We were basically in the middle of nowhere with only a few trees. The door to the shed squeaked open as we entered the building. 

"Why the fucking hell would you meet him up here?"  Asher grumbles. 

When Mike didn't reply I look at him and noticed that he looked a bit nervous. Actually, he was shivering like crazy and he usually does that when he was regretting something he had done. Kind of like the night of the party but worse. 

"Mike...." I say. 

"I am sorry Thea. I really am I didn't-"

"Mike, where's my brother?" I asked sternly. 

"Oh don't you know Thea? He's dead." A voice so familiar boomed through the shed. 

We all turn back and see my dead father come out of the shadows. 

"And you killed him," he said directly staring at me. 

My mouth fell open. He knew who I was?

"Yes, Thea I know who you are but situations made out first encounter slightly different but first I would like you to meet someone." 

Mike stepped out of the group and walked towards my father. "You know, you have a horrible test in choosing loyal friends." 

I started at Mike. 

"You bastard! You set us up!!" Raph roared. 

"Jake," I whispered.

"Is dead and he will never be coming back Thea because you killed him!" My father yelled. 

I didn't kill him. Did I?

"You're a fraud just like your mother!!! You killed my son!!"

I stared at him in confusion. 

Again he laughed. He started walking towards me but I stayed where I was. 

"Do you truly know how your mother died that night?" He asked. 

"Car accident," I said not completely sure of myself. 

"Wrong Thea," He leaned in closer to my ear. "I did." 

My eyes shot up to meet his crooked smile. 

"See your mother had a problem of keeping secrets especially when it came to the Plans. I knew she didn't destroy them but she never told me where they were. So I took matters into my own hands and I found out myself." He said while walking back to where Mike was standing. 

"Let's just say that the way I asked wasn't so nice. However, her last words to me were a lie. The plans weren't there and I couldn't go back cause  every time I looked at you I saw her disgusting face. The only sacrifice I had to make was to leave my only child that you killed," he spat. 

My head was spinning around and everything seemed to be in a blur. 

Only child?

Wasn't I his child?