Chapter 2

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait for chapter two. I need to learn how to manage my time better aka get my shit together. #procrastinationnation

Writing in Christian's point of view is highly entertaining so I'll try my best to update more often, but with my college classes and work schedule it can get hectic sometimes. Thanks for your patience so far. You guys are da best.

_____________________________________

Chapter 2

"Repeat after me: act charming, don't mention any girls in your life, and make that raffle winner feel like she's the only girl in the world. I want every media outlet to praise you for being so good to your fans after this. Got it?" My manager, Frank Renaldo, stared me down until he was sure I understood. When he saw the less-than-enthused look on my face, he added, "Be glad all you have to do is call the girl. Justin Trouneau had to serenade his contest winner with his newest song and have dinner with her."

"Yeah, well, I'm not a singer." I rolled my eyes. "If I had to serenade this chick, her eardrums would spontaneously combust and I'd be paying for her medical bills, not her dinner."

"You don't have to sing, Chris. Just flatter her for a couple minutes." 

"That's what I do best, old man." I slapped Frank on the back a little too forcefully. He was kind of getting on my nerves with his usual "there's no way you could possibly fuck this up so don't ruin it" lecture. He was pretty short, so I had no trouble reaching his back even while I was sitting in my enhancement chair. I didn't like calling it a "makeup chair." I preferred "enhancement chair" because it made me feel manlier.

He tried to hide his wince but didn't do a very good job. "Well, are you ready? I think it's almost time for you to go on."

"Yeah, I'm good." Time to woo the ladies of Hollywood Tonight and the lucky girl who won my raffle. I used the word "my" loosely. I didn't have much to do with it. It was pretty much all Frank. All I had to do was slap my name across it and send the winner an autographed picture and have a short phone call with her. After that, I could just sit back and watch all of the good press come through.

He nudged me over to the entrance I would be going through in a few minutes and stood with me as we watched the show from behind the scenes. The camera and live-audience couldn't see me from where I was standing, but I could see and hear the hosts of Hollywood Tonight pretty well. 

I tuned in when I heard my name. Who didn't like being praised?

"Fan-favorite Christian Ryder wanted to show his fans just how much he adores all of them once again," the blond host said. "Last week, he created a free raffle with amazing prizes and goodies, and the results are in!"

I mean, I wouldn't go that far. Whatever my publicity team put into that gift basket couldn't be that amazing, and I only had to talk for the winner for a minute or two, but whatever.

"This gave Ryder's manager a brilliant idea," the other one continued. She was the polar opposite of the blonde looks-wise, but they were both hot. I was pretty sure that was a requirement to work at Hollywood Tonight, or to work in Hollywood in general. "Frank Renaldo wanted to show Ryder just how dedicated and amazing all of his fans are. He wanted to give him a closer look at some of his Ry-Hards – so Frank had cameras installed in movie theaters across the nation to show Ryder and the world just how much we love him and his movies!"

I made a face at Frank. "Cameras? What the fuck, dude?"

I didn't get a response from Frank. Instead, he nudged me forward, my cue to enter the set.