Chapter 2- Lessons

That following day was played out as if yesterday never happened. I sat in my cubical with my mind hard at work with a scatter of papers covering my desk. The day was shorter than I orginally thought it would be but 8'o'clock came faster than what it had the day before. I was packing up my things when I felt a body come up behind me. When I turned to see who it could be, there was no one there. Leaving me short of breath, I continued to pack up my things and head out.

It was clacking of my heels against the sidewalk that drifted me into a deep thought about the last few days and how much Niall can really scare me. With his sudden temper to his shy image. Deep in thought, I felt a gust of wind that forced me to tighten my coat around me tighter. Suddenly, I was ripped from my train of thought due to a someone calling my name.

"Jenna!" They called out, having me turn to where the voice was traveling from, my eyes landed on the irish blonde himself.

"Niall?" I could barely recognize him in the dimmed street lamps.

"Yeah," He caught up quickly and had started to walk beside me. "Let me walk you home." He said more demanding rather than being suggestive. Without denying his offer, I shoved my hands deep in my coat pockets with the wind wrapped me in a cold winter hug.

"You don't have to." I smiled small, hoping we could skip over this awkward walk and for me to continue on with my thoughts.

"I do." He leaned in close to me ear. His hot breath hit my neck like a shot with warmth seeping throughtout my body.

"What?" I choked out, massively confused as my eyebrows curved inward with concern.

"There has been two guys following you for a while before I came up." He spoke low in a hoarse.

"No," I nervously giggled, "you're kidding." I turned around to spot two men keeping their distance from us. I head snapped forward with my eyes widening.

"Let's get something to eat so we can lose them." We? Why is he saying we? Just yesterday he didn't even want to be in a conversation with me during lunch and now we are a we? What? Without getting another word in, he took me by my hand, that once was stuffed nice and warm in my pocket, to yank me in a direction of a light up diner.

He opened the door for me to step into the warm diner. Once in, he took lead to a table that was isolated in the back corner.

I took a seat across from him with a sigh, staring aimlessly out the window to the night.

"Everything alright?" He tilted his head a bit.

"Yeah," I faked a smile which he most likely caught since his smile faded quickly.

"I'm sorry, did you want to relive what Hayden was going to do without me to save you?" He spat in a haughty tone.

"I never said that." I glared at him, "I doubt they were following me though.." I added in a whisper.

"Would you like to find out?" He remarked with a cocky lift of his eyebrows.

"Didn't say that either." I smiled lightly, becoming annoyed quickly. "Not every guy is out to get his hand in my pants though."

"It would be more than there hand, love." He chuckled with a wide smile.

"Either way.." I muttered under my breath.

"If you haven't noticed, you're fit." He rested his arms on the table as he talked. "And if you don't want anyone to help you out and maybe save your life, then say so."

"What makes you think I need saving?" I expressed with a matter-of-fact tone.

"You really want to find out the hard way?" He leaned in close with his smile gone.